Any one rooted a Droid?

4DAIVI PAI2K5

shitty rooted his old droid. he had it overclocked for a while but then he had verizon replace the phone because he had the loudest fucking keyboard ever made. i started to root mine but the flash file was corrupted and failed every time.

The only reason I would do it is to get rid of all the bloatware.

That's one big reason that I rooted my Hero!

I believe that "open source" allows some sloppy programming to occur. Some of the apps kill performance

Fortunately, most of the custome roms out there run better than stock! It seems that there's lots of sloppy programming out there in the OE form! My only problem is that my phone is a whole year old model (still available) that there's not much support left for, in the custome rom area. :( It seems like everyone moved up the the EVO. I really don't want to pay the additional $10 a month for 4g service, that's barely available around here (not out where I am, for sure.)

shitty rooted his old droid. he had it overclocked for a while but then he had verizon replace the phone because he had the loudest fucking keyboard ever made. i started to root mine but the flash file was corrupted and failed every time.

Oh I will have to call this great shitty one an see if he will answer his phone. I was black droid thought that looked pretty good for a rom, i wanna over clock it some an get rid of some bloatware. I know I need spfrecovery (SP) an the I saw a program called Droid Mod that roots it then I load the ROM right

Oh by the way Im using the Original Gangsta Droid

I rooted my X just for the wifi. It was a one click root program. Works great. Have not over clocked. AND now the wifi app I was using isnt working anymore :( Well, I cant get it to work anyway.

Only prob with "easy rooting" if something goes wrong, you have no idea how to fix it.

the first link is the one i used. the file in step 2 is the one that i had problems with but i read somewhere that people have issues when using windows 7 to do it. i don't know why that would cause a problem though.

the first link is the one i used. the file in step 2 is the one that i had problems with but i read somewhere that people have issues when using windows 7 to do it. i don't know why that would cause a problem though.

yours didn't work because you didn't get brittanys permission

It has to do with the way Windows 7 handles the communications with the phone.

xda-developers is a very good resource, at least it was for the Hero, when it was more popular. It helps to have some tech knowledge, or at least know someone that does.

droidforums.net

this^

step by step, sprecovery, then a rooted rom and voila...

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-labs/74028-root-droid-1-regardless-os-version.html

I'm currently running this one

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/bugless/55598-rom-stable-bugless-beast-v0-4-android-2-2-frf84b-fully-deodexed.html

remember to follow all instructions, it's somewhat easy for a newb to brick their phone if they don't follow instructions.