Ok, Who's the Idiot?

flounder

I followed this guy for a while down 33 today during the inclement weather. Now dont get me wrong, I dont mind the Enduro style riders at all or the guys that do the extreme trips all over the world. The reason they are different in my book is because they have bikes that are setup for it. This guy was basically riding a Vespa in the shitty weather. Considering everything was basically ice and we all know those shitty little scooter tires dont have a pot to piss in for tire tread, I feel comfortable saying that this guy isnt the sharpest knife in the drawer. I was actually going to try and stop him and offer to put his scooter in the bed of my truck and give him a lift but I didnt get a chance to. Once I saw him, I started to follow him at a safe distance just because I didnt want someone else to smash into the guy.

Ive got video of him and his lil scooters ass end is dancing like a dirtbike.

Thoughts?

post-828-13690979187924_thumb.jpg

Another while I was following.

post-828-13690979187416_thumb.jpg

I guess I'd say just because you can't/won't do it doesn't mean someone else can't/won't. :dunno:

I can but Im smarter then that. There is a difference between being capable of something and putting yourself in a situation where you a danger to yourself and everyone else on the road. If you would have saw the way he was sliding maybe it would make more sense. Either way, there is a point where the danger of doing something outweighs the capability to do it. He was a fool for riding that thing today and if I were a cop I would have given him a ticket for wreckless op because he was acting in a way that was a danger to him and everyone else around him.

• Upvote 1

I'd have to say he must have had some idea what he was doing given you didn't say he fell or was at a ridiculously low speed. Good on you for showing concern for a fellow rider even if you don't agree with their reasoning.

What if that's is only mode of transportation?

Comparison. My grandma is almost blind in 1 eye and has a hard time seeing at night. She has her license but to be safe to herself and others, she wont drive at night, wont drive in bad weather, and wont drive outside of town.

If this is his only transportation, then find another way to get where your going when your travel makes you a danger to everyone around you.

I can but Im smarter then that. There is a difference between being capable of something and putting yourself in a situation where you a danger to yourself and everyone else on the road. If you would have saw the way he was sliding maybe it would make more sense. Either way, there is a point where the danger of doing something outweighs the capability to do it. He was a fool for riding that thing today and if I were a cop I would have given him a ticket for wreckless op because he was acting in a way that was a danger to him and everyone else around him.

Token Liberal says: Maybe we should enact a law to keep people like this from doing dumb things. Gov't nanny needs to take care of us.

Token Libertarian says: You can't accuse the guy of endangering anyone UNTIL he has an accident or dumps the bike. Just like a guy with a gun isn't a danger to everyone until he starts pointing it at people.

I never pegged you as a liberal, flat fish. :dunno:

I'm just having a tough time seeing how this guy (that didn't crash) is being a danger to anyone but himself? :dunno:

you really are stupid...let me break it down for you

if he is doing 140+ on his scoot, and he puts it sideways, it will slide directly into a minivan full of children - smashing their guts out before going up in flames and crashing into a pack of baby seals

that shit is dangerous, bruh.

Token Liberal says: Maybe we should enact a law to keep people like this from doing dumb things. Gov't nanny needs to take care of us.

Token Libertarian says: You can't accuse the guy of endangering anyone UNTIL he has an accident or dumps the bike. Just like a guy with a gun isn't a danger to everyone until he starts pointing it at people.

I never pegged you as a liberal, flat fish. :dunno:

i think its the driver and not the vehicle...ive seen people ride bikes in the snow just fine, and seen people wreck big 4x4s

i just get pissed when i have to sit in stopped traffic for 2 hours because some idiot decided to do double the speed limit and then slam their sweet abs brakes trying to stop

i think its the driver and not the vehicle...ive seen people ride bikes in the snow just fine, and seen people wreck big 4x4s

i just get pissed when i have to sit in stopped traffic for 2 hours because some idiot decided to do double the speed limit and then slam their sweet abs brakes trying to stop

Ok, be pissed then... what do you want to do about it? Anything you try to do with just be another 'nanny' solution to make your day better at the expense of everyone else.

Heres how I break it down,

When its cold, I put a coat on,

When its hot I turn on the AC,

When its snowing and icy out I dont press my luck trying to ride a vespa

Funny that casper posted in another thread about driving around and puling people out of ditches. hmm. I guess that means he's prepared for this type of weather right. Do you really think a scooter with 10inch wheels and dog shit for tread should be out riding in this? How about this. If he crashed and I ran him over in my truck, whos fault is it? Guessing that even at the minimum required clearances, his 400 lbs wont slide as far as my truck will when I try and stop on the ice to avoid driving over top him. And I would bet money that any copy could site him for wrecless op today.

you really are stupid...let me break it down for you

if he is doing 140+ on his scoot, and he puts it sideways, it will slide directly into a minivan full of children - smashing their guts out before going up in flames and crashing into a pack of baby seals

that shit is dangerous, bruh.

:wtf:...ummm, are we talking about the scoot in the pics here, or have we taken a trip to uber hypothetical land?

You need to make a decision on what clearance you require to not run his ass over (you don't have to be at the MINIMUM), or accept that you could potentially run his ass over - that being his punishment for being an idiot in your eyes. Either way, you chose the consequences.