Germain Toyota tried to rip off the wife

max power

My wife's cousin is a service adisor, or manager at a larger Toyota dealership in the Pittsburg area, and I can tell you that they have a serious customer satisfaction program. Yhere are vacations, bonuses, and such for the ones that do well in sales and customer satisfaction. Bottomw linw is that Toyota doesn't mess around, and they want to see the customers treated right.

TANSKY does the same shit. they have by far the worst service rating

They run their service center just like a shady garage. When you need a radiator, they get one from NAPA for $129 and charge you (oh, I don't know - something less than $400) $378 sounds good.

They also don't even use the Toyota spec antifreeze. If you go in for a flush or get a new rad. say bye bye to the red 'cause yer gettin' cheap green.

I've seen people in tears getting walked over to the cashier by the service writer saying, "I can't believe it's so much!"

From Toyota's website

If you'd like to discuss your experience or share your comments, Toyota's Customer Experience Center representatives are happy to assist you.

Phone: 800-331-4331

Fax: 310-468-7814

Mon - Fri, 5:00 am - 6:00 pm PST

Sat, 7:00 am - 4:00 pm PST

• Upvote 1

I leased my minivan from their lot and was satisfied. I called and asked to make an appointment to exercise my purchase option and the sales manager told me to come in and wait in line because he only makes about $100 on a buy-out. I now deal with Toyota West. Do they have any idea of how much business was lost by that move?

From Toyota's website

If you'd like to discuss your experience or share your comments, Toyota's Customer Experience Center representatives are happy to assist you.

Phone: 800-331-4331

Fax: 310-468-7814

Mon - Fri, 5:00 am - 6:00 pm PST

Sat, 7:00 am - 4:00 pm PST

Thanks, I'll try to find time to call them tomorrow.

my dealer told me I needed a new battery. They didn't know it was a month old. Last time it was my front axle was leaking and the water pump bearing was noisy. $400 for a water pump. It's $43 at Advance auto and it's not bad. Screw em, keep playing half dumb and take their $18 oil change.

A friend just went to the Germain Caddy dealer at Easton for a recall on said caddy.

Oh by the way you're battery needs replaced.

It was $200!!!

FYI, when I was in the automotive repair industry, a service shop could only legally go over an estimate by 10% without written authorization from the customer. Without it, work was free. For the battery, if you didn't agree toit, 10% of free I believe is free.

In the '80's my inlaws had their station wagon at the Mercedes dealer in Tiffin for some routine maintenance ($400). When they went to pick it up, they were told the bill was several thousand dollars because they needed a new transmission and the dealer went ahead and replaced it. My father in law wrote a check for the original amount and left with the car (they never cashed the check). Then 2 years later the dealership took them to court and lost. The judge told my father in law to re issue a check for the original amount, which he did. The dealership then lost the new check and all work ended up being free.

I currently work @ a dealership. Customer satisfaction plays a huge role how the dealership runs. It can make you money and/or get you fired.

I agree on the timing belt, its time for a new one. Same w/ the hoses, you don't want those things blowing up while letting the vehicle sit outside warming up unattended and possibly over heat..causing even more damage/$$. Or while driving and leaving your wife stranded on the side of the road in this shit weather.

I too have seen vehicles many vehicles w/ well over 100k on original timing belts and I've seen plenty of broken ones too..its jst luck of the draw..

I'm glad we don't have to deal w/ timing belts on the vehicles I work on.

Timing chain:bow:

+ eleventy billion

just because it has A chain dose not make it indestructible. chain guides do wear & I've seen them brake

I had to replace a chain/guides & timing cover in the g/f's Nissan due to a broken guide. (at 125K miles)