Here it is.....

Jst2fst

Went out today to Vance's and picked up my Hi-Point C9 9mm along with some goodies. I hope to be at the range in the next couple of weeks ofter Christmas. Here are some pictures of my gun.:D

picture.php?albumid=1174&pictureid=12874&thumb=1 picture.php?albumid=1174&pictureid=12877&thumb=1 picture.php?albumid=1174&pictureid=12875&thumb=1 picture.php?albumid=1174&pictureid=12873&thumb=1 picture.php?albumid=1174&pictureid=12872&thumb=1 picture.php?albumid=1174&pictureid=12871&thumb=1

Edited by Jst2fst
Enlarge Pictures

Yea, its has some powder coat that did not stick might send in later if they can even fix that issue.. Otherwise I like it fits in my hand ok, Except for the holster that is a tad bit small need to exchange it tomorrow.

Yeah, I have the same gun, reason I said that. Just being stupid. I think you will like the purchase. It is a nice gun, but you will probably buy another gun in the near future. It is kind of addicting. The fit is really good. It is top heavy but it helps with the kickback, from what I noticed. I've been pretty accurate with it as well.

Congrats on your purchase.

Couple quick tips:

I belive the hi-points are of the blowback design, which is great in it's simplicity and operation. But because of the heavy slide sometimes you will get an unbalanced muzzle flip, so to offset this make sure you have a good grip on the firearm when you shoot it. Google "limpwristing"

It might also be a good idea to make sure it is properly cleaned & lubed up before you shoot it, It will help you get more familiar with your firearm as well.

But it's up to you. I tend take my new guys apart and re oil everything before I shoot it, especially in the colder weather.

Concerning and oil/cleaning solution, I recommend gunzilla, I have used it with great success

Where do you shoot?

Went out today to Vance's and picked up my Hi-Point C9 9mm along with some goodies. I hope to be at the range in the next couple of weeks ofter Christmas. Here are some pictures of my gun.:D

picture.php?albumid=1174&pictureid=12874&thumb=1 picture.php?albumid=1174&pictureid=12877&thumb=1 picture.php?albumid=1174&pictureid=12875&thumb=1 picture.php?albumid=1174&pictureid=12873&thumb=1 picture.ph.   p?albumid=1174&pictureid=12872&thumb=1 picture.php?albumid=1174&pictureid=12871&thumb=1

if you don't mind me asking what that run. I'm wanting to get the wife something

if you don't mind me asking what that run. I'm wanting to get the wife something

Do you want to get her a 9mm or a small gun? I know I saw a Kahr CW9 that was a 9mm and a smaller frame gun. Might be on my future guns list. Or the Springfield XD Sub-compact 9mm. Sick smaller gun....

I paid about $181 out the door for everything including the gun no ammo though but its only like $13 for 50 rounds. The gun was $149.99 talked them down to $129.99. I was gonna drive an hour and a half until the guy really wanted to make a sale.

Congrats on your purchase.

Couple quick tips:

I belive the hi-points are of the blowback design, which is great in it's simplicity and operation. But because of the heavy slide sometimes you will get an unbalanced muzzle flip, so to offset this make sure you have a good grip on the firearm when you shoot it. Google "limpwristing"

It might also be a good idea to make sure it is properly cleaned & lubed up before you shoot it, It will help you get more familiar with your firearm as well.

But it's up to you. I tend take my new guys apart and re oil everything before I shoot it, especially in the colder weather.

Concerning and oil/cleaning solution, I recommend gunzilla, I have used it with great success

Where do you shoot?

Thanks for the advice. I have not been shooting at all this is my first gun. I'm planing on going shooting with some people from work in the Columbus area but not sure where at yet.

Congrats on your first gun. Like eggs, I too always tear a new gun down and lube it up. It's helps you to understand the specific firearm. Shoot it often and clean it just as much. A dirty firearm really annoys the hell out of me. Be safe with it and remember to always handle it as if it was loaded.

There are lots of pro gun folks on here that are always more than willing to help out with someone new to firearms. Don't be hesitant to ask questions, even if you think they are stupid. Another member on here emailed me probably 20 times about his new firearm. He said he felt bad for asking so much, but I didn't mind at all. It made him more comfortable with it and in turn he will get a lot more enjoyment out of it.

I just went today in Lancaster... First time shooting the 380 but figured it out and was sick with it after a few rounds.

Got sick of it pretty quick sucks man. I'm thinking of going to New Albany gun club or which ever range is cheaper.