"Pickle Back"... No not a worst band than NickleBack

BornSinner

No this is not a Shitter band than NickleBack....

So... the wifie and I were out running around today getting some shit done for Christmas... when we stopped up to McFlips for a drink.... robin tells me about this shot that some people were doing over at the Tilted Kilt. Its a shot of Jameson with a pickle back....Yes Pickle Juice as a backer...

Im not a Jameson or wiskey guy but let me tell you it was one smooth shot. First off you need to like pickles or pickle juice for that matter. I put down two of these within 10mins, and then two more within the next hour.

Man -o- man these are so tasty.

2010-12-22145410.jpg

This a trendy thing from New York....

Bartenders have been drinking the “pickle back” ever since. In fact, a shot of Jameson followed by a shot of pickle juice is colloquially known as “the bartenders’ handshake” — but until recently it wasn’t something you’d serve to customers.

“People used to look at me like I was a friggin’ Frankenstein,” says Jason Littrell, a barman at East Village cocktail lounge Death & Company, of his early pickle juice shooting days. “Now I have customers coming in specifically to drink pickle backs.”

Pickle juice actually does a remarkably smooth job of cutting the fire off straight Jameson. The two complement each other so well that city watering holes are bracing for a run on pickle juice, says McClure’s co-owner Bob McClure.

“It’s taken the bars by surprise,” says McClure. “They are finding themselves at this crossroads between gourmet food and a product that is going to be used for their drinks.” On the horizon, says T.J. Lynch, is the michelada back — a shot of tequila followed by a shot of beer mixed with lemons, Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce, hot sauce, black peppers and salt.

Suddenly straight pickle juice doesn’t sound so bad.

I'm just posting to raise my count, and to voice my objection to the Nickelback bashing. I've been to many concerts over the years, and this summer they put on one of the top three live shows that I've ever seen. "Hellooo Mr. Daniels!".

Thats all. No flaming, its not that big of a deal. Don't waste your time nor keystrokes. You've got better things to do with your time.

Do bars regularly carry bottles of pickle juice? Is there much demand for that sort of thing?

And next time, don't take a photo of the bartop with blow all over it...Just sayin'

Ur really going to defend nickleback....homos.

And your going to post a crack about coke on the bar.....wow....

Super lame..... way to stay on topic..

I can see a short lived forum life in someone future. ... I'm just saying

Ur really going to defend nickleback....homos.

And your going to post a crack about coke on the bar.....wow....

Super lame..... way to stay on topic..

I can see a short lived forum life in someone future. ... I'm just saying

He posts more than you. :lol:

This is an oldie. Heard it called an Irish Pickle. It's suppose to keep hangovers away. I assume that be pickle juice with anything though. The salt makes you retain water, thus you won't get dehydrated.

I'm not a fan of chasers though. Just drink the whiskey.

He posts more than you. :lol:

This is an oldie. Heard it called an Irish Pickle. It's suppose to keep hangovers away. I assume that be pickle juice with anything though. The salt makes you retain water, thus you won't get dehydrated.

I'm not a fan of chasers though. Just drink the whiskey.

Maybe ... but I have the power to change that.... :lol:

Just saying.... :lol::D

BS: I'm sure there are a lot of people on here hoping that you follow through. A LOT. On the other hand, who takes photos of their drinks set up at a bar? And how far do you expect a thread about pickle juice to go on its own? If it weren't for tangential thoughts and ribbing, this forum would be pretty bland. I'll remember in the future that you only want serious discussion, and to stay on topic, no matter what. Even if that topic is chasing a good shot with a dixie cup full of pickle juice. At some place with a dirty bar. In the middle of the afternoon. On a weekday.

who takes photos of their drinks set up at a bar?

A LOT more than you'd think!

And how far do you expect a thread about pickle juice to go on its own? If it weren't for tangential thoughts and ribbing, this forum would be pretty bland.

That is a good point. What would OR be without the :snarky:'s? Then we'd have to talk about motorcycles on a motorcycle forum. :rolleyes:

At least ten of the 15 topics currently on the "front page" have nothing to do with motorcycles. This is a social arena, with motorcycles being a common thread. Guns, bottle openers, favorite beers, etc.

I really wasn't trying to be an ass toward BS in the thread, but see that it might come across that way. Not my intent. I just forgot the smiley faces.

BS: I'm sure there are a lot of people on here hoping that you follow through. A LOT. On the other hand, who takes photos of their drinks set up at a bar? And how far do you expect a thread about pickle juice to go on its own? If it weren't for tangential thoughts and ribbing, this forum would be pretty bland. I'll remember in the future that you only want serious discussion, and to stay on topic, no matter what. Even if that topic is chasing a good shot with a dixie cup full of pickle juice. At some place with a dirty bar. In the middle of the afternoon. On a weekday.

This thread is funny, in an ironic sorta way.

BornSinner - if you start judging YSR how he judges you, you'll earn a spot on his coveted blocklist. If you wanna persue that :p

Edited by JRMMiii
Autocorrect be damned

At least ten of the 15 topics currently on the "front page" have nothing to do with motorcycles. This is a social arena, with motorcycles being a common thread. Guns, bottle openers, favorite beers, etc.

I really wasn't trying to be an ass toward BS in the thread, but see that it might come across that way. Not my intent. I just forgot the smiley faces.

You HAVE to use the smileys. Refusal to do so will result in being banned. Ask Todd#43... Oh wait...

I was being just as sarcastic and funny as you were.... :D

This is the winter time and the site is 85% off topic and nothing to do with motorcycles....

As for the dirty bar.... the white spots on the bar are part of the design in the bar top....

And there are many of us on this board that would be in a bar in the middle of the afternoon on a weekday having a drink or two....

Trust me A LOT MORE THAT YOU THINK....

So all in all.... you were being funny, I was been funny..... :wtf::D:D

On that note....

Merry Christmas to All!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by BornSinner

I was being just as sarcastic and funny as you were.... :D

This is the winter time and the site is 85% off topic and nothing to do with motorcycles....

As for the dirty bar.... the white spots on the bar are part of the design in the bar top....

And there are many of us on this board that would be in a bar in the middle of the afternoon on a weekday having a drink or two....

Trust me A LOT MORE THAT YOU THINK....

So all in all.... you were being funny, I was been funny..... :wtf::D:D

On that note....

Merry Christmas to All!!!!!!!!!!!

True enough. And by no means is it a "Dirty Bar". Its prolly my new favorite spot.

I've been to many concerts over the years, and this summer they put on one of the top three live shows that I've ever seen.

if its your top 3, then im sorry but youve been to a lot of shitty concerts.

I've mentioned this drink to a couple of people, and they've said its a great combination (and part of it is the initial "you want me to drink WHAT?" reaction). Like Jaegerbombs, my curiosity it piqued. May have to try it. But seriously, they sell bottles of pickle juice?

Edited by YSR_Racer_99