Carjackings & murders in Dublin

SWing'R

WTF man. People getting carjacked at Tuttle Mall and killed. :nono:

I don't own any guns, but stories like this make me wonder if it's time I consider it.

http://www.dispatch.com/live/content/local_news/stories/2010/12/27/woman-fatally-shot-in-township.html?sid=101

http://www.10tv.com/live/content/local/stories/2010/12/27/story-hilliard-woman-dead-in-shooting.html?sid=102

Edited by SWing'R

Just read a different story, the one from ch 10, it stated...

Sheriff's investigators said while at the couple was at the corner of Camden Place Drive and Chelsea Park Drive,

two men wearing dark clothing got into the SUV and forced the couple to drive.

This is a little different than I had imagined by the way the story was reported.

+1 for locking your doors folks!

i doubt they were after that exact car...they probably would have taken anything with wheels

those navigators are old and nothing particularly nice about them anymore....you can see in the pics its not that nice of a car

the only decent thing about them is the engine, but people who can afford to do 4v 5.4 swaps into their mustangs, usually are not the kinda people buying this kinda stuff used

It really is a shame that incidents like this have to happen to turn for the worst. I really hope that the family is doing okay no words can describe how they feel right now. I'm sure someone saw what happened or it was caught on camera.

I'm game for Open Carry now,Glad I bought my gun loaded and within arms reach. I just hate that it take tragic events like this to make people reconsider arming themselves.

• Downvote 1

I don't own any guns' date=' but stories like this make me wonder if it's time I consider it.[/quote']

The time to consider it has long passed. I'm planning to get one, I'm trying to get some money saved for it.

+1 for locking your doors folks!

Mine auto-lock, whether I want them to or not.

Sad. This is exactly why I always carry a gun. Everywhere. You just never know what could happen and I don't want be caught with my guard down. And don't kid yourself and say it could never happen to you because you drive a shitty car. There could be someone who is running from the cops and just needs wheels. There is always someone worse off than you who would gladly kill you and take whatever you have and not think twice. You car is better than someone who doesn't have one.

I programmed my car doors to auto lock. That way I don't have to think about it and if someone does sneak up on me while I am in the car, it gives me a little buffer zone. It's also a good habit to check your side mirrors when you are stopped too. If they try to sneak up, this can give you a heads up to hit the gas.

I took the "scenic" route to Vance's the other day on the way back from the AMA Museum (my volunteer position orientation session - more on that another day).

Basically took Cleveland Ave. from downtown north to Vance's, through some of the not-so-nice areas of town. Found myself stopping nearly a full car length behind the vehicle in front of me, and checking both left and right sides for escape routes, if necessary.

I figured that being in the 3/4 ton I would be OK against most of the hoopties (sp?) in tha 'hood, save for the occasional mid-70's Coupe de Ville.

Better to be prepared and safe than sorry.

Might also have helped that just that morning my Cadillac converter and exhaust pipe separated, making my truck sound extremely loud and obnoxious, so maybe I fit in a little better. Got home, applied a little heat, some judicious hammer work, a couple of clamps, all nice and quiet again...

I took the "scenic" route to Vance's the other day on the way back from the AMA Museum (my volunteer position orientation session - more on that another day).

Basically took Cleveland Ave. from downtown north to Vance's, through some of the not-so-nice areas of town. Found myself stopping nearly a full car length behind the vehicle in front of me, and checking both left and right sides for escape routes, if necessary.p

That area IS scary!!!

Might also have helped that just that morning my Cadillac converter and exhaust pipe separated, making my truck sound extremely loud and obnoxious, so maybe I fit in a little better. Got home, applied a little heat, some judicious hammer work, a couple of clamps, all nice and quiet again...

Put it in layman' sterms... Torched it, beat the shit out of it, then clamped it.

...If they try to sneak up, this can give you a heads up to hit the gas.

From the one story I read this may have been what got the lady killed.

Apparently the bad guys got out of the car and the husband drove away trying to flee

and they opened fire hitting the wife/passenger. Makes you wonder, if they were gonna

make them get out and just take the car from there and not harm them :nono:

Edited by SWing'R
edit: Husband driving, wife was passenger