Beer innovation:Beer Dispenser Fills Glass From Bottom

eggs

The Bottoms Up beer dispenser could revolutionize the way bartenders serve up brewskies. Using magnets, the innovative machine can pour up to 44 pints per minute with just one personor hottie manning the station. The magnet used to reseal the bottom of the cup after pouring can also be customized by universities or businesses for a bit of creative advertising with the boozing. Block O?

http://www.wired.com/gadgetlab/2010/12/how-it-works-beer-dispenser-fills-glass-from-bottom/

The Bottoms Up beer dispenser could revolutionize the way bartenders serve up brewskies. Using magnets, the innovative machine can pour up to 44 pints per minute with just one personor hottie manning the station. The magnet used to reseal the bottom of the cup after pouring can also be customized by universities or businesses for a bit of creative advertising with the boozing. Block O?

http://www.wired.com/gadgetlab/2010/12/how-it-works-beer-dispenser-fills-glass-from-bottom/

:wtf: I want one of these now!!:bow: This is so freaking cool

kill those fingernails with fire

napalm, to be sure.

All that technology and they are using shit beer. The dispenser aside (and it is cool), I find it interesting they have to keep adding little gimmicks peripheral to the beer in order to keep the marketing fresh. You don't see Sam Adams putting a "vortex" on its Boston Lager, or having the portrait change color when it's at a certain temperature.

napalm, to be sure.

All that technology and they are using shit beer. The dispenser aside (and it is cool), I find it interesting they have to keep adding little gimmicks peripheral to the beer in order to keep the marketing fresh. You don't see Sam Adams putting a "vortex" on its Boston Lager, or having the portrait change color when it's at a certain temperature.

And Bud Light doesn't play Budweiser in the Bud Bowl any longer, and Spuds is gone to that kennel in the sky.

I guess you're right, Chong, the "good" beers don't need gimmicks...

:lol:

...no offense to those who actually like Bud and Bud Light (or Coors Light, or...). Well, OK, I did mean to offend you. From what I remember form my beer days, those taste like crap. And don't even get me started on that Mexican piss in a bottle with a lime jammed in the top...

Let's be serious here. It's a case of "careful what you wish for".

If it's beer at 56 times normal flow (at max), well... then you need 56 times more kegs to tap from. That's at least one keg on each line, and all kegs have to change 56 times more often. So typically one line will always be down, getting a keg change. Ok, forget that part, your keg room has to be 56 times bigger. And your beer deliveries have to be 56 times more often. And... yeah... the breweries have to increase production, yup, 56 times normal output...

Good luck with that....

Did I mention 56 times more people drinking beer and 56 times more drunks?

And if people don't want to take a disposable beer cup home... the room (already full of those 56 times more drunks trying to get more beer...) will be about knee deep in discarded plastic beer cups? Ok, I suppose it's alright, if there are 56 dumpsters out back...

edit: quick calculation... a single 30gal (imperial) keg feeding all four taps for pints, will go dry in less than 5 minutes at max rate. If using 4 kegs for four taps (for the max rate), all run dry in about 17 minutes.

edit2: worst beer I've tried so far... Land Shark Lager... bad from sip one...

Edited by ReconRat

Let's be serious here. It's a case of "careful what you wish for".

If it's beer at 56 times normal flow (at max), well... then you need 56 times more kegs to tap from. That's at least one keg on each line, and all kegs have to change 56 times more often. So typically one line will always be down, getting a keg change. Ok, forget that part, your keg room has to be 56 times bigger. And your beer deliveries have to be 56 times more often. And... yeah... the breweries have to increase production, yup, 56 times normal output...

Good luck with that....

Did I mention 56 times more people drinking beer and 56 times more drunks?

And if people don't want to take a disposable beer cup home... the room (already full of those 56 times more drunks trying to get more beer...) will be about knee deep in discarded plastic beer cups? Ok, I suppose it's alright, if there are 56 dumpsters out back...

edit: quick calculation... a single 30gal (imperial) keg feeding all four taps for pints, will go dry in less than 5 minutes at max rate. If using 4 kegs for four taps (for the max rate), all run dry in about 17 minutes.

edit2: worst beer I've tried so far... Land Shark Lager... bad from sip one...

i think ive actually become stupider after reading this post. wow....

1. you act like this is the first time anyones used plastic cups for beer? go to any sporting event.

2. glass or plastic aside, youre still going to have trash.

3. just because its capable of running "56" times faster, doesnt mean it will be. are you assuming that since they have a new machine, 56 times more people will show up? are sport stadiums etc going to magically increase in size to accomodate the extra people? is attendance at the bar going to increase by 56 times just because people want to drink from the magical beer machine?

youre still going to have the same amount of people ordering beer, and still going to go through the same amount of beer. if a bar goes through 4 kegs per night, it is still going to go through 4 kegs per night....it will just do it more efficiently.

Edited by Steve Butters

1. you act like this is the first time anyones used plastic cups for beer? go to any sporting event.

3. just because its capable of running "56" times faster, doesnt mean it will be. are you assuming that since they have a new machine, 56 times more people will show up? are sport stadiums etc going to magically increase in size to accomodate the extra people? is attendance at the bar going to increase by 56 times just because people want to drink from the magical beer machine?

youre still going to have the same amount of people ordering beer, and still going to go through the same amount of beer. if a bar goes through 4 kegs per night, it is still going to go through 4 kegs per night....it will just do it more efficiently.

Nice hook, Tom. This one bit hard.

It was a joke... It's supposed to be funny.