FS S&W M&P Compact 9mm

Meanie

• 3 weeks later...
She wants a Taurus 709 Slim. Although Ruger has a new single stack coming out on 2/1/11, that looks nice.

I saw that, might be a nice option. very small and compared to a PM9

it's .7" longer, .5" taller than Kahr PM9, but holds an extra round. Price point probably half.

But if it's anything like the Keltec pf9 i bet that will sting like a motherfarker :cry:

I've shot the Kahr, it's not bad. Never shot the Kel-Tec but two of my friends have them. The small guns are not range guns, they are carry guns, they are not made to put 200 round a week every week. Well unless you have Burger King hands. She won't go to the range that often anyway.

The 709 is solid. I've only put 200 rnds through mine. It hasn't had a failure of any kind. It's suprisingly accurate for such a small 9mm.

How is the recoil compared to an M&P 9c or an XD SC .40? It's for the wife and she didn't like the "kick" from my xd, but was good with the M&P.

How is the recoil compared to an M&P 9c or an XD SC .40? It's for the wife and she didn't like the "kick" from my xd, but was good with the M&P.

I haven't fired either of those. But, I'd imagine it kicks a little more than the M&P9c, due to the lower weight.

It's kicks a little more than a P3AT or LCP.

Edited by Tpoppa

If recoil is a primary concern, has she looked at the Walther PK380? Its known for soft recoil.

It about the same size as the 709 Slim, but the PK380's recoil is just a bit heavier than a .22, and way less than any of the .380 pocket guns.

http://www.handgunsmag.com/featured_handguns/HG_bravenewwalther_200909/index.html