taurus?

Steve Butters

I'm going to most likely get the XD this weekend. I like the grip safety. I'm getting either a 9mm or .40 sc.

If ya want to come out a shoot it, let me know. I should have it Sunday, and I may stop by where you'll be Sunday afternoon.

Edited by jporter12

im looking at a .40sc....but i saw the pro carry II today and the quality made the XD look cheap lol... but im reading that the kimbers are more maintenance, more picky to any dust or lint etc that might get in them during carry, etc....im kinda feeling like the XD would be a better carry gun but the kimber would be better for the range..

but i wanted to see what people thought about the kimbers for concealed carry...ive got 3 more months until im buying anyways, so im trying to do my research

on a side note.... the price difference in 9mm and .40 is more than i thought lol

I have since bought another taurus.. A TCP 738 for myself since my last post.. still no problems what so ever. i also just took my CCW class. there they had a S&W that FTF multiply times.. a glock that jammed so bad they traded out guns.. and two 22s that wouldnt shoot.. i had zero problems with my 840 .. for concealed carry check out the TCp and also the 740 both great guns.. As far as thier customer service.. its a unlimited lifetime warranty and everyone on the taurus boards that have used them has gotten the gun back in about 10 days sometimes less.. i dont see how thats bad at all.. this is just my 2 cents in the end get what fits in your hand and feels the best. and is from a decent manufacturer. and youll be ok.. even if it takes a time or two back to the factory..

I have since bought another taurus.. A TCP 738 for myself since my last post.. still no problems what so ever. i also just took my CCW class. there they had a S&W that FTF multiply times.. a glock that jammed so bad they traded out guns.. and two 22s that wouldnt shoot.. i had zero problems with my 840 .. for concealed carry check out the TCp and also the 740 both great guns.. As far as thier customer service.. its a unlimited lifetime warranty and everyone on the taurus boards that have used them has gotten the gun back in about 10 days sometimes less.. i dont see how thats bad at all.. this is just my 2 cents in the end get what fits in your hand and feels the best. and is from a decent manufacturer. and youll be ok.. even if it takes a time or two back to the factory..

i was looking at a few taurus guns today as well...but once the kimber caught my eye, i wasnt interested in any others lol....taurus is still on the table, when i go to buy, i will be trying a lot of different ones to see how they fit...might even look at a sig p220r compact

im looking at a .40sc....but i saw the pro carry II today and the quality made the XD look cheap lol... but im reading that the kimbers are more maintenance, more picky to any dust or lint etc that might get in them during carry, etc....im kinda feeling like the XD would be a better carry gun but the kimber would be better for the range..

but i wanted to see what people thought about the kimbers for concealed carry...ive got 3 more months until im buying anyways, so im trying to do my research

on a side note.... the price difference in 9mm and .40 is more than i thought lol

Isn't the Kimber quite a bit more? The price point of the XD or M&P is about what I'm prepared for. I also need a decent holster and stuff for it.

By difference in price, I'm guessing you mean ammo price? From what I've been seeing, .40 is about $3-5 more per box of 50. Using the middle at $4 it's 8 cents more per round.

Isn't the Kimber quite a bit more? The price point of the XD or M&P is about what I'm prepared for. I also need a decent holster and stuff for it.

By difference in price, I'm guessing you mean ammo price? From what I've been seeing, .40 is about $3-5 more per box of 50. Using the middle at $4 it's 8 cents more per round.

yea the kimber is more, which is why im asking if the quality of them justifies the price difference....xdsc can be had for like $400 on sale...the kimber is $800ish

if im paying that much it opens up a few more options too...so im shopping around

i was looking at a few taurus guns today as well...but once the kimber caught my eye, i wasnt interested in any others lol....taurus is still on the table, when i go to buy, i will be trying a lot of different ones to see how they fit...might even look at a sig p220r compact

Sig is also on my "list" of considerations, but I think the XD or M&P are going to win.

i still think ill end up with an XD, but i want to consider all options first

Exactly what I've been doing!

The cool thing about guns, if you buy them at a good price, if you decide you want something different, you can trade, or sell for pretty close to what you paid, as long as you take care of it!

yea the kimber is more, which is why im asking if the quality of them justifies the price difference....xdsc can be had for like $400 on sale...the kimber is $800ish

if im paying that much it opens up a few more options too...so im shopping around

The kimber customs are very well made, but 1911s take proper shooting skills for 100% reliability ..... proper wrists/elbows. The XD/M&P/Glock is a little easier to shoot well with 100% reliability. I love 1911s, don't get me wrong. You can learn to shoot anything. Google Kimber or Springfield 1911 and you'll read about "gun" failures. In reality, they're user issues but no one wants to hear that.