Traffic stop + notify

Likwid

I have a uncle that is a sgt on the sherrif's dept an aunt who is as well. Plus a cousin in Washington court house that is a director on the State troopers division. I have heard of some bad stops or stops that went bad for multiple dumb reasons...

I just wanted to be sure to get it out there. There is a cock in Pataskala who gave me shit one night, had me out of the car with my hands on the hood...

I wanted to tell him, if I wanted to shoot him he would have never made it out of his car! DICK!

I am on the officers side of this (except for that dick in Pataskala). You need to remember you are the one that was given the right to carry that sidearm. They are (mostly) glad you have. Makes their jobs easier, honestly. however you are the person with a gun in your car. I dont blame them a bit for being cautious. But for the dick in Pataskala there is a line that has cautious on one side and complete and fucking retarded about shit, on the other side.

Edited by Beegreenstrings

Pataskala has a police force?????? I thought they just stuck a "dummy" in a patrol car and parked it at various locations..... I think I see the sheriffs department in my neighborhood more often then I see Pataskala.

Parks do you have to notify the officer that you are ranked number 352 in modern warfare during a stop?

Ohhh good question.... yeah i should probably know that one aswell. Wait MW2 or Black Ops??? If MW2 then yes I need to know that or Black Ops, ehh I'm more cannon fodder than anything.

MDT (computer) = pops up in red and says it (it actually speaks and says "concealed weapon permit") when checking plates. Over the radio = Signal 33 (for us, I'm sure thats not universal) dispatchers are to advise of a weapon permit as soon as they receive it, even if we already saw it on the MDT.

Either way I'm not worried about the people who openly advise of a weapon in the vehicle and are trained and licensed in the proper care and handling of it - its the ones that don't say anything and try to hide it that cause the problems.

MDT (computer) = pops up in red and says it (it actually speaks and says "concealed weapon permit") when checking plates. Over the radio = Signal 33 (for us, I'm sure thats not universal) dispatchers are to advise of a weapon permit as soon as they receive it, even if we already saw it on the MDT.

Either way I'm not worried about the people who openly advise of a weapon in the vehicle and are trained and licensed in the proper care and handling of it - its the ones that don't say anything and try to hide it that cause the problems.

I know of some, and I'm not gonna list which departments, it pops up WANTED PERSON. Some computers will even say it also. Then they click on that and it will inform the officer of the CHL.

I know of some, and I'm not gonna list which departments, it pops up WANTED PERSON. Some computers will even say it also. Then they click on that and it will inform the officer of the CHL.

The problem was for a long time CCW permits were entered into the same computer categorie as warrants. NOW they have their own, but I know quite a few things still show up under the W&W files like: protection orders and ALS suspensions (until the BMV gets the 2255 form and enters the correct suspension).

Thats all a state problem, not really anything to do with any specific agency. Ohio State Patrol dictates how things are entered and classified in LEADS (the computer).

If you were an officer woulndn't you want to know that the pist off personyou just pulled over had a gun or not... I would

The thing about that is that most CHL holders are smart enough to know that they did something to get pulled over, and shouldn't be pissed.

Man great read because I am the same aobut my cars. I keep the gun full size Ruger P89 in my middle console or rear console in the del sol(2 seater) unlocked and in arms reach but always freak out that it will be considered illegal as not on my person as was originally detailed by my CCW instructor. But I knew they changed that law a while ago and never wanted to make sure.

I've been pulled over twice while carrying, both times on my person. Officers were very nice and professional, heck I even got off both with no tickets. I placed my hands on the wheel waited for the officer and faced straight ahead until he came to the car. Explained I was CCW, armed, and had license in back pocket next to firearm. The first time though, female state trooper asked me to get it for her, I reached down as I thought "it" was the gun... I put my hand towards the gun and she asked what I was going for, I said gun, she said no, I mean license. Never happened again and she was cool with it.

Second time, I knew what was up, and guy was real cool. turned out he had a brother on the force in my hometown that knew some of my local officer friends. Shot the crap, and peaced out. That was 27mph over hte limit. Drove Rt 20 in Monroeville for years and never noticed how early the 35 kicks in, or maybe they moved it out a bit.

Good read

If you were an officer woulndn't you want to know that the pist off personyou just pulled over had a gun or not... I would

I certainly think the murderer/cop killer that has his gun is going to notify anyway.

When you have laws like this they're doing nothing but punishing law abiding citizens.