Bet he won't do that again! Funniest thing ever!

SWing'R

Okay, the funniest damn thing just happened to me while driving Northbound

on 23 leaving Cirlcleville headin back to Cbus.

Let me set this up for you....

I'm NB on 23, speed limit is 55, I'm in the LEFT lane with the cruise set @ 60.

There are two cars in the RIGHT lane up ahead that I am slowly but surely catching up to.

I notice a silver car coming up behind me, it gets right up on my ass, had to be under a foot from my bumper.

Now, I hate tailgaters, and I had no intention of moving over for this guy, I did however plan to get over AFTER

passing the two cars in the right lane.

Here's where the fun happens. Out of the blue, the last car in the right lane comes over into the left,

puts his signal on and starts to slow down, he's gonna make a left at one of the turnoffs ahead.

The guy behind me is so far up my ass, there is no way he saw this guy get over in front of me.

Soooo (can you see where this is going) :D

I did not slow down and at the LAST available second before I plowed into the guy turning,

I put my signal on and quickly changed lanes ;)

I looked in my sideview mirror, and saw smoke coming from the tires of the asshole that was behind me!

He must have missed plowin that guy by inches! :lol:

I stayed in the right lane and the guy eventually passed me, he gave me a dirty look,

but I was laughing hysterically which pissed him off even more and he sped away.

This was probably one of the funniest things that has ever happened to me

in all my years of driving work vans. I couldn't have set this up any better.

Ahhhh, back to work.

• Downvote 1

:lol: That was good... I would have loved to see this dude's face when you moved over to the other lane.

I wish I could have seen/heard the reaction of the guy driving the large

towtruck that was in the right lane behind all of us, he had a great view of

the entire thing as it unfolded.

In my 20+ years of field working and driving company vehicles this was by far

the funniest thing that has ever happened to me on the highway.

And Shitty, oh well, don't get behind me! My company van has gps tracking me so I don't speed (much) and I'll drive in whatever lane I want :D

I don't purposely sit in the fast lane and try to hold people up, but what I won't do is go out of MY way to appease someone that's in a hurry.

He could have easily went around me.

I love when people are moving blockades because nobody should go faster than them.
Passing on the right is illegal. So is using the left lane for something other than passing. Not that I care' date=' but....[/quote']

Get out of my head!!!!! Ahhhhh!!!!!!!!!!

if he had one of those "how am I driving" stickers I would have called, screamed "like a dick" and hung up

I do have one of those numbers, but I didn't do anything wrong, all I did was exceed the speed limit by 5mph.

Here's how that call would have gone....

SAFE DRIVER SERVICE: Hello do you have a problem to report?

ASSHOLE: Yes, this dick in front of me won't get out of my way

SAFE DRIVER SERVICE: How fast is the driver going sir?

ASSHOLE: 60

SAFE DRIVER SERVICE: And what is the posted speed limit sir?

ASSHOLE: 55

SAFE DRIVER SERVICE: Click.

BTW, using the left lane for nothing besides passing = BS

I do have one of those numbers' date=' but I didn't do anything wrong, all I did was exceed the speed limit by 5mph.

Here's how that call would have gone....

SAFE DRIVER SERVICE: Hello do you have a problem to report?

ASSHOLE: Yes, this dick in front of me won't get out of my way

SAFE DRIVER SERVICE: How fast is the driver going sir?

ASSHOLE: 60

SAFE DRIVER SERVICE: And what is the posted speed limit sir?

ASSHOLE: 55

SAFE DRIVER SERVICE: Click.

[b']BTW, using the left lane for nothing besides passing = BS

called it, he is the guy that believes nobody on the road is allowed to drive faster than me guy. bitches about people wanting to drive faster while using the passing lane as his cruising lane

http://codes.ohio.gov/orc/4511.25

4511.25 Lanes of travel upon roadways of sufficient width.

(A) Upon all roadways of sufficient width, a vehicle or trackless trolley shall be driven upon the right half of the roadway, except as follows:

(1) When overtaking and passing another vehicle proceeding in the same direction, or when making a left turn under the rules governing such movements;

(2) When an obstruction exists making it necessary to drive to the left of the center of the highway; provided, any person so doing shall yield the right of way to all vehicles traveling in the proper direction upon the unobstructed portion of the highway within such distance as to constitute an immediate hazard;

(3) When driving upon a roadway divided into three or more marked lanes for traffic under the rules applicable thereon;

(4) When driving upon a roadway designated and posted with signs for one-way traffic;

(5) When otherwise directed by a police officer or traffic control device.

(B)(1) Upon all roadways any vehicle or trackless trolley proceeding at less than the prevailing and lawful speed of traffic at the time and place and under the conditions then existing shall be driven in the right-hand lane then available for traffic, and far enough to the right to allow passing by faster vehicles if such passing is safe and reasonable, except under any of the following circumstances:

(a) When overtaking and passing another vehicle or trackless trolley proceeding in the same direction ;

(b) When preparing for a left turn;

© When the driver must necessarily drive in a lane other than the right-hand lane to continue on the driver’s intended route.

(2) Nothing in division (B)(1) of this section requires a driver of a slower vehicle to compromise the driver’s safety to allow overtaking by a faster vehicle.

© Upon any roadway having four or more lanes for moving traffic and providing for two-way movement of traffic, no vehicle or trackless trolley shall be driven to the left of the center line of the roadway, except when authorized by official traffic control devices designating certain lanes to the left of the center of the roadway for use by traffic not otherwise permitted to use the lanes, or except as permitted under division (A)(2) of this section.

This division shall not be construed as prohibiting the crossing of the center line in making a left turn into or from an alley, private road, or driveway.

(D) Except as otherwise provided in this division, whoever violates this section is guilty of a minor misdemeanor. If, within one year of the offense, the offender previously has been convicted of or pleaded guilty to one predicate motor vehicle or traffic offense, whoever violates this section is guilty of a misdemeanor of the fourth degree. If, within one year of the offense, the offender previously has been convicted of two or more predicate motor vehicle or traffic offenses, whoever violates this section is guilty of a misdemeanor of the third degree.

Effective Date: 01-01-2004; 09-21-2006

Doesn't say the left lane is for passing only, or am I missing it? That being said, I don't run the left lane except to pass.

http://codes.ohio.gov/orc/4511.25

Doesn't say the left lane is for passing only, or am I missing it? That being said, I don't run the left lane except to pass.

What you posted states to stay in the right lane unless turning left, passing someone, or when staying on route requires that lane.

(B)(1) Upon all roadways any vehicle or trackless trolley proceeding at less than the prevailing and lawful speed of traffic at the time and place and under the conditions then existing shall be driven in the right-hand lane then available for traffic, and far enough to the right to allow passing by faster vehicles if such passing is safe and reasonable, except under any of the following circumstances:

(a) When overtaking and passing another vehicle or trackless trolley proceeding in the same direction ;

© When the driver must necessarily drive in a lane other than the right-hand lane to continue on the driver’s intended route.

What you posted states to stay in the right lane unless turning left, passing someone, or when staying on route requires that lane.

called it, he is the guy that believes nobody on the road is allowed to drive faster than me guy. bitches about people wanting to drive faster while using the passing lane as his cruising lane

:bigfinger:I don't "cruise" in the left lane. I generally only use it when I have to, BUT that doesn't mean I'm going to avoid using it either.

The only reason I was in the left lane was I had just passed a towtruck in the right lane, see I WAS in the right lane to begin with,

left that out as it had nothing to do with my story. I was still in the left lane because I could tell that if I got back over I'd just be

coming back over again to pass the other two cars in the right lane, hence, I stayed out there, as I mentioned, I was planning on

moving back to the right after passing the other two cars.

Not that I feel I have to defend my driving to any of you fucks :nono:

I have 20+ years driving for work, over 1million miles under my belt, hell thats longer than some of you are old :rolleyes:

Bingo. Mentions LEGAL traffic speed too doesn't it.

:bigfinger:I don't "cruise" in the left lane. I generally only use it when I have to' date=' BUT that doesn't mean I'm going to avoid using it either.

The only reason I was in the left lane was I had just passed a towtruck in the right lane, see I WAS in the right lane to begin with,

left that out as it had nothing to do with my story. I was still in the left lane because I could tell that if I got back over I'd just be

coming back over again to pass the other two cars in the right lane, hence, I stayed out there, as I mentioned, I was planning on

moving back to the right after passing the other two cars.

Not that I feel I have to defend my driving to any of you fucks :nono:

I have 20+ years driving for work, over [b']1million miles under my belt, hell thats longer than some of you are old :rolleyes:

Bingo. Mentions LEGAL traffic speed too doesn't it.

okay I drove 2 million miles so that means I make the decisions, get your slow ass out of the way

In the same situation (with someone extreme tailgating as I am passing slower traffic) I generally flick on the right directional and slow down to about 1 MPH slower than the traffic I was passing and wait until I can get back over to the right...behind the line I was passing. Then smile and wave. Safety first.

Okay' date=' the funniest damn thing just happened to me while driving Northbound

on 23 leaving Cirlcleville headin back to Cbus.

Let me set this up for you....

I'm NB on 23, speed limit is 55, I'm in the LEFT lane with the cruise set @ 60.

There are two cars in the RIGHT lane up ahead that I am slowly but surely catching up to.

I notice a silver car coming up behind me, it gets right up on my ass, had to be under a foot from my bumper.

Now, I hate tailgaters, and I had no intention of moving over for this guy, I did however plan to get over AFTER

passing the two cars in the right lane.

Here's where the fun happens. Out of the blue, the last car in the right lane comes over into the left,

puts his signal on and starts to slow down, he's gonna make a left at one of the turnoffs ahead.

The guy behind me is so far up my ass, there is no way he saw this guy get over in front of me.

[b']Soooo (can you see where this is going) :D

I did not slow down and at the LAST available second before I plowed into the guy turning,

I put my signal on and quickly changed lanes ;)

I looked in my sideview mirror, and saw smoke coming from the tires of the asshole that was behind me!

He must have missed plowin that guy by inches! :lol:

I stayed in the right lane and the guy eventually passed me, he gave me a dirty look,

but I was laughing hysterically which pissed him off even more and he sped away.

This was probably one of the funniest things that has ever happened to me

in all my years of driving work vans. I couldn't have set this up any better.

Ahhhh, back to work.

all technicalities aside it was a prick move since you almost caused him to plow into the rear end of an innocent bystander.

Ha I win, pick someone dumber to argue with next time (wheezle or zerocrash)

• Upvote 1