Don't Sweat $3.50 a Gallon They Say

Jst2fst

Meh, my roundtrip commute is < 10 miles/day -- and it's not like my new truck gets any better gas mileage than my S10 did anyway.

Gotta pay to play I suppose. Though I found this interesting.

U.S. Gasoline Usage Peaked In 2006, Will Plummet In Future

http://www.greencarreports.com/blog/1052787_u-s-gasoline-usage-peaked-in-2006-will-plummet-in-future

So according to the charts I've seen... gas prices basically mimmick China's usage since the US is becoming pretty efficient. Thank them.

time to buy a nissan leaf....

HELL NO... lol

ill ride an electric motorcycle first.

hell, my 89 ZX10 aint done yet. make that electric, and put the ninja motor in a shifter kart!

I'd probably be with you on the electric bikes option not gonna buy a can-o-tuna to drive around.

The more effiecient our travel gets the higher the fuel price will be. Think if you were selling fuel, some other guy starts making super effiecient cars. You would raise your fuel prices because you know they still have to buy it and you want to sell it for as much profit as fast as possible.. Kinda like, if you do that, i'm gonna do this.

It's all bullshit. A 1988 Honda Accord got 34 miles the gallon. Do you really think technology has come very far. No, maybe yes, but they didn't want to use it yet. They are just squeezing every dime out the new more fuel efficient movement with marketing, marketing lies. O and the corn bit is horse crap.

Edited by Gump

The more effiecient our travel gets the higher the fuel price will be. Think if you were selling fuel, some other guy starts making super effiecient cars. You would raise your fuel prices. Kinda like, if you do that, i'm gonna do this.

It's all bullshit. A 1988 Honda Accord got 34 miles the gallon. Do you really think technology has come very far. No, maybe yes, but they didn't want to use it yet. They are just squeezing every dime out the new more fuel efficient movement with marketing, marketing lies. O and the corn bit is horse crap.

So your saying E-85 is bs, its a renewable source just like bio-diesel is.

Costly to produce. If I have to add something to fuel that's more expensive to produce than fuel. It's gonna cost more for the end user.

Potential benefits of E85 are contested by some experts who point out that deriving gasoline from petroleum is a relatively inexpensive (i.e. more efficient) process even including the transportation of oil and gasoline long distances. Large-scale production of ethanol may be cost prohibitive; and may result in a net energy loss when taking into account all the energy required to make alcohol from starchy plants. Another drawback for E85 is that, in a liter-to-liter comparison, E85 has less power potential than conventional gasoline; about 12-25 percent less energy for transportation by volume.

Edited by Gump

Worse, E90 is pretty much what gasoline is now. And congress wants to make all gasoline to be E85, as the only thing available...

That will make some older vehicles unhappy. Which will make auto manufacturers happy.

Worse, E90 is pretty much what gasoline is now. And congress wants to make all gasoline to be E85, as the only thing available...

That will make some older vehicles unhappy. Which will make auto manufacturers happy.

Yea, my cars an '01 and its pretty picky on what type of gas it likes. 87 all the way:D. I mean hell I had a '94 Dakota that would only take 93 what a pain in the azz it was to fill it a $4.00 a gallon coming from Mansfield to Cincinnati from college.

+1 It's all about money. Like Apple does marketing. They squeeze every dime out of every product by giving the good one first and unvailing the better later with new options. The upgrades/improvements were there from the start. If you pop the best you got out first you miss selling the ok product, that's new to the public, to the planet.

+1 It's all about money. Like Apple does marketing. They squeeze every dime out of every product by giving the good one first and unvailing the better later with new options. The upgrades/improvements were there from the start. If you pop the best you got out first you miss selling the ok product, that's new to the public, to the planet.

So for this model you could use supply and demand as a second guess as technology improves so do the wallets of gas company CEO's and auto makers. Take Toyota for example with the Prius I'm not sure how many models are of that thing. Chevy and Honda had to act fast to get something newer on the market or redesign what they already had.

The first Civic, if I remember right, that CRX hf, it got 58-60mpg on the freeway. Back in the 80s. Tiny, tiny engine... Dang thing was a 4wheel motorcycle.

What gets anywhere near 60mpg now? Oh wait, a motorcycle can.

VW had a Diesel Jetta years ago that got 52 mpg when diesel was the nearly the same as gas. Looked the same as the gas version. You didn't hear about it often.

All business marketing schemes to get the biggest GMROI.

Edited by Gump

No' date=' no recall. All the cars functioned flawlessly. You'd drive 'em to work and back then plug 'em into the wall at night.

Pretty good documentary. Points a lot of fingers at GM and Congress. Apparently, way back in the nineties, a smart guy developed a battery that would go 300+ miles on a charge. Texaco bought the rights and shelved it. Kind of a bummer, considering an electric car that can go 300 miles would be a huge hit in today's market.

Good point tech has improved and even some tech that was created before its time like that 300 mile battery