Gun Shows

Meanie

I used to do the same thing...and yeah they're similar. I've been to one down town last year, and like you said there were a few deals, but I wasn't looking for anything in particular. When you are looking for something just know what you can get it for before the show. I'm looking for a shotgun, some accessories and a pistol. If I find a deal cool if not that's cool to cause I just spent a few hours looking at and fondling guns.

Ever go to computerfest in Dayton? That was the motherlode of computer shows!

As Josh mentions, getting my hands on some guns to help decide what to get would be a great reason for me to go.

Yeah, you really need to know what things go for at gun shows. You can't go and assume there will be deals on everything.

I'm finding that with armslist, and forums as well. If I can't get something a decent amount cheaper (unless it's from someone I know and trust, and it's nearly new) I'll just buy new.

Ever go to computerfest in Dayton? That was the motherlode of computer shows!

As Josh mentions, getting my hands on some guns to help decide what to get would be a great reason for me to go.

No sir, I went to a few at the fair grounds when I moved to Columbus, but I went to quite a few of them at the (oh this is going to go over well...) Farm Show Complex (yes they have a building dedicated to farm equipment, and yes all the kids got a day or 2 off of school to go to the farm show) when I lived in PA.

Like I said I'll be heading out there next Sunday since I have to work on Saturday. I'll be picking up a friend of mine in Gahanna along the way. Let me know what day everyone is planning on going.

I'm in for any gun shows. Just have to see if I can get away from the family activities for an afternoon. Last show I wanted to go to, the wife decided to get the kids ready, so we all could go. By the time that happened, we got there just as they closed!

• 2 weeks later...

I'm in the parking lot. The special ops gun show will not permit the carry of a loaded firearm regardless of having a CHL/CCW permit. Therefore those hypocrites can forego my $5.00 and lick my second amendment-loving crack. :mad:

I'm in the parking lot. The special ops gun show will not permit the carry of a loaded firearm regardless of having a CHL/CCW permit. Therefore those hypocrites can forego my $5.00 and lick my second amendment-loving crack. :mad:

lol, yep. I never understood that rule.