Outstanding customer service at SWFA Outdoors

Modern Synthetics

For Christmas I got myself a little present. A Remington 700 Varmint .308. After doing some research online I found SWFA outdoors. They sell all kinds of optics, bases, rings and accessories. There were a lot of great reviews for their super sniper scopes so I decided to order one along with their bases and a Harris bi-pod. They shipped the items very quickly and I had them in a couple days.

Once I got to work mounting the scope I was having some issues with ring alignment and fit. Since I don't know much about gun stuff and have never mounted any scopes other than a couple $40 3x9's I sought help from someone that has a clue about this stuff. He gave me some advice and told me what to check out. I came to the conclusion that part of the problem was probably that I overtorqued the lower rings on the base. Once I reinstalled them and torqued them properly the scope fit in the lower rings better but still not quite right. Once I started putting the rings on I noticed that the screw holes in the rings uppers did not line up quite right with the lowers. I heard that their customer service was very good so expected them to replace the rings but I figured I would be eating the cost of shipping to send the old ones back.

I called SWFA today to express my dissatisfaction with the rings and to find out what my options were to get a refund or purchase some better rings. They first gentleman I spoke with was very polite and asked if I would like to return them. He said that I would need to talk to a customer service representative and connected me with a that department. I explained to the customer service representative that I was not happy with the rings I had purchased. To my surprise, the customer service rep told me that they were aware of some quality issues with the rings I had purchased and that they have been pulled from the shelves until they can get the problems ironed out. She asked me if I wanted a refund and I mentioned that I was interested in another brand of rings that they carry. The rings I mentioned were $20 more than the ones I had purchased. She informed that they would send me the more expensive rings as a replacement free of charge. They did not even require me to send the bad ones back to them. If I ever purchase more optics or accessories online I will definitely be buying from SWFA.

If you are looking for optics check them out. Most places these days would never admit that THEIR product was faulty and then replace it with another brand FREE of charge. THAT MY FRIENDS IS OUTSTANDING CUSTOMER SERVICE.