The hills shan't be alive with the thump of V-twin this spring...

RSVDon

It's official, the V990 was packed up into a cargo van and is on it's way south to live in a new home. Next time I see her will be July when I get off school and get to ride the N. Georgia mountains. Gonna be a long spring...

Long story short, family moved south to follow work (sans me as I have a job in Dayton) and I have no place to keep the ol' Italian bitch up here, so down to Georgia she goes to live in a nice garage till summer.

Sadface.

Edited by RSVDon
  • Downvote 1

It's cool, not gonna be fun to ride around here until late March, and free space to store is better than cluttering up someone else's stuff. Maybe the bike's downtime will give me the motivation to tear it apart and start cleaning/powdercoating shit. 40,000 miles hasn't been kind to the ol' girl.

That I did. It really is wasted up there. Roads suck, too cold half the term, and the school work only gets more demanding from here. Plus, I'm getting tired of the 4+ hour trips up I-75 to get it there. I'd rather shoot myself in the foot for fun. lolz

The North Georgia mountains lead right into the "Gap", I have three weeks off in June/July so the plan is to hit up as many roads as possible around there and see if I can get myself killed. :lol:

The North Georgia mountains lead right into the "Gap", I have three weeks off in June/July so the plan is to hit up as many roads as possible around there.

Sounds like fun, I should be there mid/late June, only for a week though, trying to accomplish the same...

I'm giving rep to all who offered up their place. If it'll let me. That's good people right there. :cool:

This.

Thank you all for offering a place to park my pile of nuts and bolts. You're good people. The Ape will be at home down in Georgia and taken care of there. I may not be able to ride it up here for a while, but two years from now, when I'm no longer a college student and should have my permanent job, she'll be tearing up the backroads again.

Considered selling this year, but with the values plumetting to sub-$4k prices for a pristine example, I decided I'll just keep her.

I'm giving rep to all who offered up their place. If it'll let me. That's good people right there. :cool:

:D

I think we all know how shitty it is to be without a bike for an extended period of time. Especially in the spring when the weather breaks after we've been couped up inside for the last 5 months or so. I only have a 2 car garage but I can store 4 bikes on my side without any issue

It's official, the V990 was packed up into a cargo van and is on it's way south to live in a new home. Next time I see her will be July when I get off school and get to ride the N. Georgia mountains. Gonna be a long spring...

Long story short, family moved south to follow work (sans me as I have a job in Dayton) and I have no place to keep the ol' Italian bitch up here, so down to Georgia she goes to live in a nice garage till summer.

Sadface.

Condolences.

I want a toofer! I only have a small 1'er. :(

I've never lived anywhere with less than a 2 car and in my experiences I've realized I need a 3-4 car garage minimum. Although this helps limit my spending when I have the itch to go buy a car again :eek: