Registration renewal

Bad324

I'll find out today or tomorrow, im 2 weeks late on my registration and i need to do it so I can ride this weekend

edit: If you try to do it online, you automatically will be charged the $20 late fee

Edited by Bad324

I was just doing some research online and state rep murray introduced hb528 last year that would waiver the late registration fee for seasonal vehicles. But since introducing the bill nothing has been done with it. looks like i will be paying $20 this year and hopefully someone will push the bill through over the next year.

http://www.murrayforohio.com/current-legislation.html#528

http://www.legislature.state.oh.us/bills.cfm?ID=128_HB_528

http://lsc.state.oh.us/coderev/hou128.nsf/House+Bill+Number/0528?OpenDocument

• 1 month later...

Just for an update on this, I went into the pickerington bmv this april to renew my registration that had been expired since october. The lady behind the counter asked if this was the first time I had it out this year, I said yes, and she said alright I will override the late fee. It seemed pretty common practice at that bmv as the manager had to come over to enter a code in order to override the late fee. YMMV

I was going to get 30 day tags for the Jeep and transfer plates later.

Ummm, no. Not standing in that line again. I'll take new plates, thank you.

It really isn't that much of a cost difference. Plus the other problems.

I have no intention of ever transfering plates again, for all the reasons listed by everyone.

edit: Also, for most people, the cost of insuring a bike for the whole year, isn't much more than seasonal.

My agent said yeah, since it's recognized that the bike doesn't get out in the off season, very little cost difference.

For me, anyway, only about 20 bucks more to keep the insurance on all year. No big deal.

Edited by ReconRat

she said alright I will override the late fee.

I just registered a new bike this morning in Delaware. My birthday is in December, and the lady said "This is good only until this December, but late fees are waived on motorcycles, so you don't have to worry about renewing it then if you don't ride over the winter. You can wait until the weather breaks."

So yeah, it would appear that the late fees DO NOT apply to bikes.

I just registered a new bike this morning in Delaware. My birthday is in December, and the lady said "This is good only until this December, but late fees are waived on motorcycles, so you don't have to worry about renewing it then if you don't ride over the winter. You can wait until the weather breaks."

So yeah, it would appear that the late fees DO NOT apply to bikes.

At some (most?) agencies. From what I've read and heard, some of them DO charge the late fee, but the percentage seems to be small.

I went to the DMV on morse road and they charged me a late fee for my bike and my boat trailer..... I also asked about how long I can hold a plate since I just sold a vehicle and was told 30 days. I had a buddy go to the same DMV and was not charged a late fee for his bike. I guess its the agent you get.

I went to the DMV on morse road and they charged me a late fee for my bike and my boat trailer..... I also asked about how long I can hold a plate since I just sold a vehicle and was told 30 days. I had a buddy go to the same DMV and was not charged a late fee for his bike. I guess its the agent you get.

you can get your money back. don't settle for them doing this.