5 interesting facts about Al Capone

eggs

On January 17, 1899, Italian immigrants Gabriele and Teresina of Brooklyn, New York welcomed a baby boy. Fourteen years later, the couple’s son dropped out of Catholic school after a brawl with a teacher and began a life of crime that would make him one of the most notorious gangsters in history. Who are we talking about? Al “Scarface” Capone, of course.

Authors and Hollywood directors have told the story of Capone countless times, but how much do you really know about the infamous criminal?

Check out five interesting facts about Al Capone:

1. Capone’s drink of choice was Templeton Rye whiskey from Templeton, Iowa.
  2. Capone’s specially-outfitted, bullet-proof Cadillac was seized by the U.S. Treasury Department in 1932 and later used by the government as Franklin Roosevelt’s limousine.
  3. Capone got his “Scarface” nickname after a bar brawl in Coney Island that left him with three large slashes on the left side of his face.
  4. Even though “Scarface” was his most well-known nickname, Capone’s closest friends called him “Snorky.”
  5. After suffering a mental and physical decline as a result of neurosyphilis, a Baltimore psychiatrist and Capone’s personal physician performed tests that showed his mental capability had diminished to that of a 12-year-old.

media_httpuploadwikim_wikjw.jpg.scaled500.jpg

Interesting fact #6 - He was my Great Grandfathers 3rd cousin

I thought you is a Mexican? Manuel Jesus Fernandez Capone? :confused:

:D Its not even that close anyway. The closest known connection I have was my great uncle and he was only a mid level type in Cleveland

Youngstown mob > Cleveland mob.

I thought you is a Mexican? Manuel Jesus Fernandez Capone? :confused:

Youngstown mob > Cleveland mob.

I'm not Mexican, I just play one on the internet :D

And yes you are absolutely correct on that. Youngstown mob used to run pretty much everything down that way