2011 Harley Blackline

ReconRat

I keep waiting for some one to post up. Nobody doing it...

Newest Harley offering, a stripped down FXS 1584cc Blackline

Still weighs 682.5 pounds wet. Dang... But it's got a 6-speed and lots of torque. And a re-designed tank. And for some reason, there is a lot of excitment about a black enameled headlight bucket. Mixed feelings about shocks that are horizontal under the suspension.

2011 Harley-Davidson FXS Blackline

2011-Harley-Davidson-FXSBlacklined-small.jpg

http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/photos/2011models/2011-Harley-Davidson-FXSBlacklined.jpg

I think they will sell for closer to $10k.

Actually, I'd rather have the Forty-Eight 48

But the power is weak, the tank is small, and it won't lean very far. 568 pounds wet.

2011 Harley-Davidson Forty-Eight 48

2011-Harley-Davidson-FortyEight48c-small.jpg

http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/photos/2011models/2011-Harley-Davidson-FortyEight48c.jpg

Edited by ReconRat

The "Dark Custom" lineup - sounds fancier, er, tougher/cooler/meaner than The "Paint it Black" lineup.

With H-D, it seems (with the exception of the XR1200) to be more about image than usability. Having said that, there will be one in my garage, probably sooner rather than later. Nightster, maybe - me likey.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dXwPLovHekw

All subjective, of course, but I don't like the looks of that one at all, especially the tank.

And since when is a 700-pound bike "pared to the bone." That gives new meaning to the saying "she's big-boned."

I used to have a Sportster, and that was kind of fun. But today, even Sportsters are well over 500 pounds. Electra Glides are extremely comfortable and great for lazy two-up touring, but slow as hell. Everything in between in the H-D lineup is just overpriced, overweight, butt jewelry (IMO, natch).

...With H-D, it seems (with the exception of the XR1200) to be more about image than usability...

exactly that. The word seems to be that the XR1200 is shunned in the Harley crowd. So it does seem to be more about the image, and not the Harley name at all.

Powder coating! New wheels! New LCD screen! More powder coating! (See we're not ALL about chrome) New tank! (Clean on the left, pump it on the right!) Did we mention...Black denim finish! And holy shit, what is that!? Glossy black headlamp bitches!!!

• Upvote 1

Not sure if it does anything for me. I could see myself on a big old Road King or maybe a Fat Bob if I was to get a cruiser again. Although for that money, a Victory Hammer or Triumph would be options.

• 2 weeks later...