hogs gone wild (show on discovery)

cOoTeR

I just watched a show on wild hogs on the discovery channel. These people were making a living hunting/trapping hogs. Now that looks like a blast, wish I could do that. I used to raise hogs for 4-H and did a little work on a small hog farm when I was younger. Domestic hogs are rough I could only imagine the rush of dealing with a wild one. Just thought I'd share that.

Hell yeah... There is some Spec ops retired guys that have a company, where they go take care of them for the farmers and if I am not mistaken donate the meat to the food banks...

It is awesome.. There is a video on youtube where they are using thermal imaging scopes to shoot them at night.

there is a state forest here in Ohio that is becoming over-run. My brother-in-law and I and the fiance will most likely take a trip there this coming spring/summer and snipe a couple for a hog roast.

I do not know how open the invitation is... But If they want them eraticated (spelling?) I will post it up on here....

Edited by Beegreenstrings

Hell yeah... There is some Spec ops retired guys that have a company, where they go take care of them for the farmers and if I am not mistaken donate the meat to the food banks...

It is awesome.. There is a video on youtube where they are using thermal imaging scopes to shoot them at night.

There's just something about former special forces soldiers using advanced technology to take down cattle that's inherently funny to me. :)

I have no doubt that this makes for entertaining youtube vids, but to have an entire television series? How long until the producers run out of funny hog huntin' and start trying to drum up drama amongst the "cast"? Pissed off rednecks with guns, now that would be a show I'd see. :)

I just watched a show called The Wild Within. The host travels around and hunts. This episode was in Hawaii. The guy hunted octopus and killed it by biting its face. Then he did a deer hunt with a rifle. Then he went out and did a hog hunt using dogs. When the dogs got to the hogs he literally fought it to death with a knife. I would like to give that a try. Anyone know anyone that hunts hogs that way? I know it would probably have to be out of state but I would travel for a chance to do a hunt with a good hog dog team.

there is a state forest here in Ohio that is becoming over-run. My brother-in-law and I and the fiance will most likely take a trip there this coming spring/summer and snipe a couple for a hog roast.

I do not know how open the invitation is... But If they want them eraticated (spelling?) I will post it up on here....

What state forest is that? I'm assuming its southern Ohio. If its an open invite I'd be interested. I haven't got a scope for it yet but I'd love to take my .308 AR-10 out for a good hunt.