Tour de Ohio 2007

Casper

Okay, I'm thinking about putting this together. Let me know of any interest/suggestions. I know a few of you have talked to me about this and thought it was a good idea. Let's see if we have any more interest.

Idea One:

Leave Columbus on a Friday afternoon say 3p. Head towards Cinci. Get there around 4:30p - 5:00p. Eat dinner in Cinci, leave around 6:00p for Toledo through Dayton. Get to Toledo around 9:00p. Stay there for the night, hang out with the TSBR folks, etc. Take off Saturday morning around 10:00a for Put-In-Bay. Get to Put-In-Bay around 11:00a. Take the ferry or JetExpress across to Kelly's Island for lunch/screwing around. Leave Put-In-Bay around 5:00p for Cleveland and on to Ashtabula. Arrive in Ashtabula around 7:30p. Camp or setup in a hotel for the night somewhere on the lake. Leave in the morning around 10:00a heading towards Youngstown. Stop for lunch in Youngstown around 11:30a. Take off around 12:30p for Columbus, getting home around 3:30p.

Idea Two:

Leave Columbus on a Saturday morning around 9:00a for Cinci. Get there around 10:30a - 11:00a. Take a break. Leave for Toledo via Dayton at 11:30a. Get to Toledo around 2:30p. Stop for a break. Leave for Put-In-Bay around 3:30p. Get to Put-In-Bay around 4:30p. Go to Kelly's Island and stay in the Put-In-Bay area for the night. Camp, hotel, whatever. Leave Sunday morning around 10:00a for Cleveland. Get there around 11:30a. Stop for a break. Leave for Youngstown around 12:30p. Get there around 2:00p. Stop for a break, take off around 2:30p for Columbus. Get home around 5:30p.

Its 715 miles in two days. Interest? Suggestions?

Not a bad idea, but it leaves out the SE portion of the state and all the good roads down that way.

[/quote:414ca]

I thought about that. This is more of a "hit all the cities in Ohio" thing. There really aren't any down there. Plus, this is a long trip. Don't want people riding those roads even a bit tired. SE Ohio should be it's own trip, which I also plan on setting up.

a lil heads up on the put in bay thing, i believe its like 35 bux per bike(i might be a lil off) to take it over on the ferry.. and the last ferry back from put'n bay leaves at like 6 p.m...if ya miss it. your stuck there till morning.... i'll ask some of the tsbr guys that live up that way about it(prices and times)...i'll repost when i hear something...

"the ferry" you all are talking about is Miller Ferry right? Every year, myself and 5-6 of my co-workers (all riders) go up to Put-in-Bay for general meyhem and the only problem w/ taking the ferry is that they would only let us cross 2 bikes at a time.

The price was like $20 one way bike & rider, which is cool. The 30 min wait between ferrys sux. We have gone over with the bikes only one time. Now we just book a hotel on the mainland, and take the Jet Express over to party. Oh, and last bikes off the Island have to be in line by 4 pm.

Personal opinion... Too many places for a single weekend... you would not get to ride any of the local roads.. I think you would get a better response to do 1 city for 1 day on a given weekend.. that would also allow people to pick and choose where they want to go.

I kind of agree with Flounder... if you're going to do something like that, leaving from Columbus? Do something like 33 down to Parkersburg, then over to Cincy, then up to Dayton and back one day, then do the top half another day. Then do the PIB overnighter in one ride, too, so that if people did want to ferry their bikes over and then raise cain up there, there'd be enough time that everyone could play. Otherwise it's a little too rigid and structured - what if someone breaks down and a few have to stop? Just some random input. Great idea, though!

:motorcycle::tree:

Personal opinion... Too many places for a single weekend... you would not get to ride any of the local roads.. I think you would get a better response to do 1 city for 1 day on a given weekend.. that would also allow people to pick and choose where they want to go.

Great idea, but not for this trip. Definitely another trip. The whole point of this is to tour Ohio in a weekend, hence Tour de Ohio.

The whole point of this is to tour Ohio in a weekend, hence Tour de Ohio.

Tour deez nutz.... :evil::flingpoo::)

Sounds fun. but the one thing you are not remembering is that after a few hours of constant riding, people are going to be complaining about comfort. Not to metion it will make it worse since you will probably have to have a backpack for an overnight stop up north.. Sportbikes are not exactly made to go "Touring" as you put it.

Tour deez nutz.... :evil::flingpoo::)

Sounds fun. but the one thing you are not remembering is that after a few hours of constant riding, people are going to be complaining about comfort. Not to metion it will make it worse since you will probably have to have a backpack for an overnight stop up north.. Sportbikes are not exactly made to go "Touring" as you put it.

:stfu:

You cry too much.... Stops at least every two hours, and only one night stay... That isn't good enough for your sensitive ass??? :(

I know for a fact that if you guys head up this way to Toledo, you will all have a place to relax have a good time and crash for the night. Keep us in tsbr informed as to what you wanna do. There are a couple "good" roads up this way if you guys wanted to come up.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest MotoGP Tix

I didnt catch if this is a go or not, or dates ( update me please )

Anyways if the dates work out TSBR will certainly take care of you guys, cook for you etc...

Perhaps some tent space in a back yard as well