New Sears Hometown Store Open in Johnstown

chevysoldier

Cheese and rice, I lived in Johnstown for 22 years and the most we ever got was a taco bell in a duke station...

lol, which isn't their anymore. There is talk of a Tractor Supply Co. going in the old Kroger building but I don't know anything for sure.

I saw that driving down the street toward one of my substitute teaching jobs. Looks like it will be a cool store when it opens. It's quite interesting to see how Sears is returning to smaller (and perhaps friendlier) stores to attract business. It's such an image change; I grew up going to the sterile-looking cornerstone mall stores.

I saw that driving down the street toward one of my substitute teaching jobs. Looks like it will be a cool store when it opens. It's quite interesting to see how Sears is returning to smaller (and perhaps friendlier) stores to attract business. It's such an image change; I grew up going to the sterile-looking cornerstone mall stores.

It's open now but their "Grand Opening" is March 1st. I have yet to stop in though. I agree that's it's nice to see them turning stores over to local people. I think that helps attract customers because they are dealing with neighbors.

I've a tually been looking into opening one of these. Takes a good chunk to buy in but is very appealing. Not sure about the Kmart ownership however. They haven't impressed me much with their own business practices over the last 20 years.

OH MY GOD! They took out the duke taco bell... WTF!

Hey personally I about shit myself when I was at my dads working on my truck and needed shocks. He said to take his truck and run to Johnstown, I was like oh fuck NAPA and carquest. Then he told me they put in a autozone... I was dumfounded.

OH MY GOD! They took out the duke taco bell... WTF!

Hey personally I about shit myself when I was at my dads working on my truck and needed shocks. He said to take his truck and run to Johnstown, I was like oh fuck NAPA and carquest. Then he told me they put in a autozone... I was dumfounded.

No more Taco Bell, but we have Rt 62 BBQ now, and it more than makes up for it! There's also Burger King now, which I don't really care much for anymore. There was talk of a Chipotle coming in, but I'm still waiting on that one!

I think I've been in the Autozone less than 5 times. The shop where I work has been dealing with Carquest for the 11 years that I've been there, and they continue to treat us right, and the quality on most parts is better. The ironic think is that Autozone owns the software company that we use for repair info, and billing!