Rock on the Range 2011

gen3flygirl

Who's going?  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Who's going?

Did this the past two years. Two years ago somebody bought me a Saturday ticket and I had a blast. Last year bought presale weekend floor tickets and between that, parking, alcohol, food and water, damn weekend cost me over $300. That left a bad taste in my mouth, but this year maybe I'll put some thought into how to do it on the cheap.

I went to the first 2 or 3 and haven't been back since. THe one year the lineup was lackluster and last year they moved our annual rafting trip to the same weekend. Hopefully there is no conflict this year

Must sees:

Avenged Sevenfold

Staind

Hollywood Undead

A Day To Remeber

All That Remains

Finger 11

My Darkest Days

10 Years

Rev Theory

Evans Blue

Trust Company

No Killswitch Engage of Five Finger Death Punch so I'm out.

this made me sad too. The first year I went both were there and thats when I started loving both

I want to go but dont know if I want to drop the cash on tickets for the gf and I. How is the sound at the concert? I heard crew stadium is poor sound???

Depends where you are really. I actually prefer the two smaller stages as they are a more intimate setting persay and the sound is nothing to complain about. The main stage is good if you are on the floor or the bottom of the stands, if you are up top it sounds terrible

Did this the past two years. Two years ago somebody bought me a Saturday ticket and I had a blast. Last year bought presale weekend floor tickets and between that, parking, alcohol, food and water, damn weekend cost me over $300. That left a bad taste in my mouth, but this year maybe I'll put some thought into how to do it on the cheap.

Wow your lucky. Last year we spent almost $700 for three days and that's with splitting a room. I would love to this year but recouping from last year was painful the rest of the summer. :(

Hey I had a blast and was drunk for three days straight. Also crowd surfing the main stage with rob zombie was the best experience ever!!

Tickets go on sale February 12, Saturday. It'll be at Columbus Crew Stadium on May 21st & 22nd. 38 bands will be playing on 3 different stages.

Bands include:

A Perfect Circle, Avenged Sevenfold, Disturbed, Korn, Stoned Sour, Staind, Alter Bridge, Hollywood Undead, Bullet For My Valentine, Black Label Society, Hinder, All That Remains, Saving Abel, P.O.D., Trapt, Crossfade, and many more.

http://www.rockontherange.com/

http://www.ticketmaster.com/Rock-On-the-Range-tickets/artist/1108568

I would love to see A Perfect Circle, that means I have to go to Rock on the Range. Blech. I think I just made myself officially old.

I'm with Art... I would love to go see Staind, but the thought of sitting there all freakin' day to see one band, & maybe hear a handful of other songs I like, just doesn't appeal to me. If you had a fun group to hang with though, then I could see it.

My oldest son's gone the last couple years w/ his buddies & a chaperone. He comes home w/ all kinds of "stories" of what he saw ;)

• 3 months later...