Dayton people ATTENTION!

NinjaNick

only for criminal offenses. In a civil case, there is no such thing as "guilty;" only "liable" or "negligent."

If you're traveling faster than the posted speed limit, you are "negligent per-se." The speed limit is what defines reasonable behavior. Exceeding it by any amount, for any reason is automatically negligent.

Negligent is letting that douchebag in his riced-out Civic beat you to the next stoplight. :cool:

I live my life a 1/4 mile at a time.

• Upvote 1

They have shown that as speed limits increase, the number of accidents does as well. There is a point to keeping speed limits low.

look, im not saying set the speed limit at 150.

but when you have a 8 lane freeway that is 55 mph when it should be 65, that is keeping it artifically low. thats a revenue generator.

when you have a 5 lane road through town that is set at 25 mph, when anywhere else it would be 45, THATS a revenue generator.

the speed limit on the freeway could EASILY be increased to 75 mph and not be any more dangerous than it is now... but there goes their revenue.

First problem to going faster is getting the older driver to go above 45mph. Frankly I think speed is relative to the congestion on the road and road conditions. It amazes me how WV has a 75mph speed limit up and down twisting roads where Ohio is 65mph across I70 between Columbus and Springfield.

look, im not saying set the speed limit at 150.

but when you have a 8 lane freeway that is 55 mph when it should be 65, that is keeping it artifically low. thats a revenue generator.

when you have a 5 lane road through town that is set at 25 mph, when anywhere else it would be 45, THATS a revenue generator.

the speed limit on the freeway could EASILY be increased to 75 mph and not be any more dangerous than it is now... but there goes their revenue.

You're absolutely right. It is a revenue stream and I agree with you.

The problem has never been good drivers driving fast, it's always been the idiots. Until they figure out how to get them off the road, I'm cool with 55-65mph and decent/forgiving police officers.

The problem has never been good drivers driving fast, it's always been the idiots.

yeah but who decides which is which? 95% of people think that they are a good driver.

decent/forgiving police officers.

yeah and where would one find these mythical creatures?

Edited by John

I love S2000's and have experience with one not stock, but that gix1000 had a shitty rider on it. He was practically a parachute sitting straight up on that bike.

Races are races. If you suck, that's the risk you take getting beaten by a chick car. I hope his buddies all laughed at him for being a shitty rider. :lol:

Ya know, I'm a Honda (car) hater, but that is a pretty sick S2k! They're kinda fun to drive in stock form, I could just imagine with some serious boost!

THeyre really fun cars to drive actually. Really nimble and responsive with decent power.

Ya know, I'm a Honda (car) hater, but that is a pretty sick S2k! They're kinda fun to drive in stock form, I could just imagine with some serious boost!
THeyre really fun cars to drive actually. Really nimble and responsive with decent power.

Which is what I've meant I've had experience with one not stock. I didn't race it on my bike, I was driving the car; I loved it. Carbon fiber was all over, momo little steering wheel, race pedals, shorty shifter, black 18" rims, headers on back which rumbled so loud it set off alarms(that was fun), a chip, and a few other extras. I swear all S2000s in Dayton were stock back then except my fathers. I loved that little car. Sold it to some 22 yr old in Lima who wanted to turbo it. I wonder if he did.

Races are races. If you suck, that's the risk you take getting beaten by a chick car. I hope his buddies all laughed at him for being a shitty rider. :lol:

Chick car? :bitchplease:

Edited by NinjaNick