Need help from my fellow OR members

APCh8r

For those of you that do not know, I am a grad student at Ohio University in the School of Physical Therapy. Each year we are involved in many community service events to help out individuals in the area and raise awareness for different causes. One of the events that we are currently working on and that I am helping with is our 4th annual four-play quad rugby event. For those of you that have seen the Murderball documentary, you will have an idea of what the sport involves. Here is a video clip to give you an idea.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_kaT5dDiISw

We are working with a team called Buckeye Blitz for our event, they are the only team located in Ohio. This is our 4th year of the event, and we have continued to work on progressing the event each year. This year we were lucky enough to be able to move to a bigger location, and the event will be held at the Ping Center, which is the large fitness center located on Ohio University.

What I am coming to your guys about is we are having a fundraiser today in Columbus, OH at the Hillard Max & Erma's. Max & Erma's has been gracious enough to help out with our fundraising by donating 20% of everyones bills from today if they present with out flyer. This will run all day long and all you have to do is give them the flyer with your purchase, this includes carry-out meals.

For anyone that would be interested in coming to check out the event or getting a team involved you can find more info on our facebook page @ http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/event.php?eid=124403440959452

The event will be held on 2/26/11 and teams are $100 which includes t-shirts for everyone on the team and a 30 minute game. There will also be raffles and other events going on. Our ultimate goal is to raise more awareness for wheelchair sports and we are trying to raise enough money to purchase another wheelchair for the Buckeye Blitz.

Thanks in advance, and if you have any questions let me know.

Cool - as an OU alumni, I feel obligated to donate a buck or two. Is there a way to donate on the Facebook page? If not, let me know where to send some cashish.

edit: and then you can come up with some exercises to help the osteoarthritis in my elbow for me. Fuggin' elbow is killing me! Maybe more fapping? :)

Edited by Earache

Cool - as an OU alumni, I feel obligated to donate a buck or two. Is there a way to donate on the Facebook page? If not, let me know where to send some cashish.

edit: and then you can come up with some exercises to help the osteoarthritis in my elbow for me. Fuggin' elbow is killing me! Maybe more fapping? :)

or less fapping

or less fapping

It's my left elbow - not even my fapping arm! Doctor said to strengthen the muscles around the joint to make it hurt less....but also said it's gonna hurt a lot more before it begins to hurt less.:cry:

Bump, the event is this upcoming Saturday. We currently have 24 teams signed up, leaving 4 slots still available. If you guy would like to get a team together we would greatly appreciating you signing up on the website and coming down.

Thanks

Also had an article posted in the Athens News

http://www.athensnews.com/ohio/article-33324-in-ou-rugby-tourney-wheelchair-bound-team-rolls-over-every-challenger.html

Also would like to give an update, the event went well and we were able to raise approximately $5200 for the team. Plus a $1400 donation from Kenda Tires to the team via one of our student's that is sponsored by them for BMX racing. The new location was great and brought a lot more excitement and attention and this is the most we have ever raised. Look forward to putting the event on next year. Hopefully some of you guys can make it down for the event and get a team together.