Look at Houses

gen3flygirl

Or if it's built on an old graveyard, where the graves were supposedly moved?:o

Yeah I have heard those houses built on old indian burial grounds are entertaining...

If I am not mistaken, dont all homes in the franklin county area require home inspections by the bank/mortgage company now?

Ghost are fine... Most are friendly and actually look after things when I am not at home. Poltergeist are a different story, those freaky bastards freak me out.Then there is the whole leprechaun thing we have in the attic. Fucktard needs to cough up some of that gold and pay his rent...

Make sure the home inspector is a ravenous OCD lunatic. The guy I got missed a bunch of shit, most notable of which is a leak on the guest bedroom window that exits through the drywall on the roof of my garage. You don't see it with the garage door up, but it's there.

Document EVERYTHING, and when it comes time for the request to remedy, put all that shit down there and have the sellers fix it before it becomes your problem.

wow, the sexist comments took longer than I thought , you guys are loosing your touch. Thanks for all the great input. We are going to look at houses here in the next half hour. My neighbors is probably our first pick right now, we know the house and they have a garage ( I would be high jacking for my bike). I am bringing a pair of binoculars to go over the roof and gutters as well as a camera.

Looked at four houses today. First place was a total shit hole. 1,000 square feet and 5 college guys were living there. We couldn't get past all their crap to even begin to look at anything that would make the house worth our time. The second place we looked at we loved but it was right next to a set of train tracks and about 1/8 mile from crew stadium so that's a deal breaker. 3rd place was interesting, it pretty much looked like one female would have lived there. They said it was 2 bedrooms but it was more like on bedroom and a walk-in closet. The mast bath was the size of the bedroom. I wouldn't mind living there because the "second bedroom" was on the first floor right next to the rear door so I could wheel the bike in to its own little room. The final place we looked at was my neighbors and it confirmed our interest. 3 bedroom 2 bath with a garage. It is just a matter of getting them to come down to a price my parents can afford.

I took a few but this was just a preliminary type thing. My parents are coming down this weekend to look at places a little more in depth. Today was more of a basic weed out process. Our family likes the idea of buying the neighbors because we know the house and all of its problems/repairs it has had in the past few years.

Looked at four houses today. First place was a total shit hole. 1,000 square feet and 5 college guys were living there. We couldn't get past all their crap to even begin to look at anything that would make the house worth our time. The second place we looked at we loved but it was right next to a set of train tracks and about 1/8 mile from crew stadium so that's a deal breaker. 3rd place was interesting, it pretty much looked like one female would have lived there. They said it was 2 bedrooms but it was more like on bedroom and a walk-in closet. The mast bath was the size of the bedroom. I wouldn't mind living there because the "second bedroom" was on the first floor right next to the rear door so I could wheel the bike in to its own little room. The final place we looked at was my neighbors and it confirmed our interest. 3 bedroom 2 bath with a garage. It is just a matter of getting them to come down to a price my parents can afford.

I forgot about that, selling agents will lie out their teeth on what the house has and what it doesn't, as I see you are finding out. When I was looking to places to rent in German Village, I looked at a place that said it had 3 bedrooms. There were 2 bedrooms upstairs. The "third" was right next to the kitchen and had a patio door leading outside. They rationalized it by saying the in-wall storage space constituted a closet and, therefore, a bedroom.

Also I'm not sure who you're using for a realtor/buyer's advocate, but keep that guy on a short leash. I ended up firing a realtor and a banker before I finally arrived on people that knew what the hell was going on. A good way to weed them out is to ask them to go through a house that you know is a complete shithole and ask them to point out the stuff that is wrong/bad. if they do a thorough job and you are comfortable with their explanation, keep'em. If you BS detector goes off and you think they're blowing smoke, fire them that day.

wow, the sexist comments took longer than I thought , you guys are loosing your touch. Thanks for all the great input. We are going to look at houses here in the next half hour. My neighbors is probably our first pick right now, we know the house and they have a garage ( I would be high jacking for my bike). I am bringing a pair of binoculars to go over the roof and gutters as well as a camera.

Here try this one on...

Try to figure out where the closest abortion clinic is and try to plan your morning walk of shames accordingly so its not to far out of the way for ya.

Here try this one on...

Try to figure out where the closest abortion clinic is and try to plan your morning walk of shames accordingly so its not to far out of the way for ya.

i can see it now.

Random girl: Awwwww did you put mini marshmallows in my cereal?

Kawi: Nope, those are morning after pills . Eat up!! :)

Edited by flounder

Here try this one on...

Too far man, too far.

0/10, complete lack of subtlety.

A good way to weed them out is to ask them to go through a house that you know is a complete shithole and ask them to point out the stuff that is wrong/bad. if they do a thorough job and you are comfortable with their explanation, keep'em. If you BS detector goes off and you think they're blowing smoke, fire them that day.

brilliant advice! thats a keeper in my world

What!?!?! She said she was disappointed I just was filling the gap you slackers left in one post. That is called efficiency bitches!!

You took something I posted on Facebook completely out of context. The jokes a the time were simi funny. Even if it was what you thought it was, you still don't crack jokes about it.