is this a good deal?

JStump

:nono: I thought you were different' date=' kid. I said to myself, "Self.. here's a BestBuy clerk that [i']isn't a complete retard. This BestBuy clerk is going places. Just you wait and see."

Thanks for making me eat my own words.

haha im probably not gonna get a new bike, i just thought that price was a good deal and wanted to jump on it, i still like my ninja, im still taking MSF classes and wearing my gear so im not a COMPLETE retard just kinda one lol, but if you guys say there will be more i guess ill wait :p

Edited by JStump

One of the things I've learned with experience is that there are very few actual once-in-a-lifetime chances. Especially if you're willing to make some of your chances happen.

On a more practical matter, here are two salient facts:

1, it's a buyer's market in the motorcycle world.

2, it's going to stay a buyer's market for quite a while.

Don't worry about missing a great deal (not that I think this bike is a screaming great deal). Worry about doing what's right for you.

haha im probably not gonna get a new bike, i just thought that price was a good deal and wanted to jump on it, i still like my ninja, im still taking MSF classes and wearing my gear so im not a COMPLETE retard just kinda one lol, but if you guys say there will be more i guess ill wait :p

Be patient and you'll find something there's always something out there. In the mean time get a few thousand miles on your ninja then upgrade. You need more experience and you have the bike for it. Ride a bit longer and buy in a couple months.

Actually there wont be more.... once riding season hits everything decently priced or a "good" deal would most likely be purchased. I started in november shopping for a new bike and dident buy until Jan 1st. The prices your hoping to get are winter prices. After the first warm weather hits it's all down hill from there. Not saying the occasional good deal doesent come along but... good luck.

C'mon stumpy... spend AT LEAST a season (3k-5k miles+) with the 250. That's about the amount of time it'll take for you to learn the pros/cons of the bike and the hobby anyway.

The point being -- you won't appreciate your 250 for what it is (a simple, easy, cost-effective, more than sufficient commuter bike) until after you get a different bike and start rattling off a list in your head of why the 250 was better for the street than your new bike.

Enjoy your time with it.

• Upvote 1

C'mon stumpy... spend AT LEAST a season (3k-5k miles+) with the 250. That's about the amount of time it'll take for you to learn the pros/cons of the bike and the hobby anyway.

The point being -- you won't appreciate your 250 for what it is (a simple, easy, cost-effective, more than sufficient commuter bike) until after you get a different bike and start rattling off a list in your head of why the 250 was better for the street than your new bike.

Enjoy your time with it.

yeah, who am i kidding, i love the fact i only pay $35 a month for insurance, i get like 70+ mpg and i own the bike outright. unless a killer deal arises im gonna stick with the 250

Enjoy your time with it.

+1

Damn, that hurt.