Spring Road conditions...

Aetsh

I asked my buddy if he wanted to go out today for a few miles..

He said they were too dirty and salty..

This drive anyone else nuts? I know they roads aren't perfect, but they aren't even in the middle of sunmer. There's always gravel in certain turns and holes and grooves!

Ahhh.. maybe I'm I'm the only one itching to ride around Youngstown!

What Do you guys think? Too early to go out or not?

For the record, I did 50 miles over 2 days 2 weeks ago when it was 60* out.

Wasn't bad at all

Edited by Aetsh

My 15 year old got his permit so I let him ride around the neighborhood Monday then today we took a ride today around town so I could watch him for a while.

We rode for and hour or better and I will say that the downpour we got the other night didn't help a bit but on the other hand the boy did pretty good for his first time out on the streets. He does have some time on the MX track but that was seven years back.

I'm that guy, I like my bike clean and I'm too lazy to give it the thorough cleaning it needs after a ride on extra dirty roads. Hell, its still not fully clean from when i took it out on new years eve :(

so you bought an overpriced garage trophy then?

late december to late march....absolutely :D

you gotta remember I'm in Cleveland its always a good 7-10* colder up here than in cbus :(

although in the last 2 years its my cheapest garage trophy, the G35 and Camaro I had left the garage probably 6 times combined when I started riding

Edited by Bad324

If you wanted perfect weather move down to socal. I took the bike out today. Its cold and theres some gravel in certain places, but im not tearing up the streets like its deals gap so ill be ok. It just feels good to hear, feel, and ride the bike.

If you wanted perfect weather move down to socal. I took the bike out today. Its cold and theres some gravel in certain places, but im not tearing up the streets like its deals gap so ill be ok. It just feels good to hear, feel, and ride the bike.

i'd rather deal with the cold and snow than live in socal :p

i'd rather deal with the cold and snow than live in socal :p

I fully understand. I hate beautiful girls, great weather, and some of the best roads in the states also. :D

Not really i love all 3 mentioned above but hate the way the state is run and pretentious assholes.

What Do you guys think? Too early to go out or not?

Definitely not too early to go out.

Just too early to go out and ride all-out. Wait until the roads clean up a little.

And for those who say "I'm not riding because I hate getting my bike dirty," I'll say it again and probably keep saying it until y'all get sick of me and I'm on universal ignore: This is why everyone needs a rat bike.

No ice = rideable. The car gets parked once the roads are clear again.

A clean bike is a nice change of pace every once in a while. I finally did spray her down today after an engine oil and final drive oil change at 100,227 miles. I think that's the first time it's received a bath from a water source other than rain in about six months. The bike's got too many miles to care anyway. Besides, I find it more entertaining to see people stare at my FJR because it consistently looks like it's been through WW3. ;)

BTW, I lived 24.5 of my 26 years of existence in Southern California. I miss those roads (which IMO are the best in the country) and the privilege to lane split but I do agree there are too many pretentious a-holes there and the state is running itself to the ground. :D

you gotta remember I'm in Cleveland its always a good 7-10* colder up here than in cbus :(

+1

We still have a bunch of snow on the sides of the roads and plenty of wet salt spray to go with it. I'm itching to get my bike out but it won't stop snowing. :(

Craig

I was out last week and thought the residue was still a little slick. But today I took the V-strom to the club to work out and the roads were fine. I think that heavy rain washed the roads even if it left some areas deluged.

Edited by buildit

well you guys will be happy to know that if i get off my lazy ass and change the oil and un-winterize my bike that it will be coming out of hiding next saturday so long as this weather report is accurate :D

well you guys will be happy to know that if i get off my lazy ass and change the oil and un-winterize my bike that it will be coming out of hiding next saturday so long as this weather report is accurate :D

No, I don't think any of us care. :nono:

:lol:

the cold and snow blow. thats just crazy talk ya'll. where is charlie sheen when you need him :p

for me, its a lot easier to deal with snow than it is of the crazy shit and people of SoCal. I've been there 3 times and spent a week to ten days each time and it was cool then but by the last 2 or 3 days I couldn't wait to get back to Cleveland

I rode to work Tuesday and yesterday. My bike is old and shitty. A little salt and dirt won't hurt her. Plus i haven't washed it in about 8,000 miles. The thick coating of grease over 80% of the bike protects it from salt really damn well. The only new rust i've noticed is at the leading edge of the front fender. My exhaust is chrome, and minus the leading end of the headpipes, none of it is visible. Its completely black with grime.