Constitutional Carry (no permit required)

chevysoldier

An important step was taken yesterday in Wyoming toward restoring the constitutionally protected right of Americans to keep and bear arms, as that state became the second in less than a year to enact legislation affirming the right of its citizens to carry a concealed firearm without a special government-issued license.
The right to carry a concealed firearm without a special license issued by the state is often referred to as “constitutional carry.” Wyoming is now the fourth state in the Union that recognizes constitutional carry, joining Alaska, Arizona, and Vermont.
It appears that the trend toward “constitutional carry” is likely to continue, with several states weighing adoption of measures similar to that which became law today in Wyoming. An article from the Associate Press declares that “Similar bills are pending in states including Colorado, Minnesota, Montana, New Hampshire, South Carolina, and Utah. A bill has been introduced in Kentucky but hasn’t advanced while another was introduced for discussion in Idaho.”

http://www.thenewamerican.com/index.php/usnews/constitution/6559-wyoming-adopts-constitutional-carry-of-firearms

I hope Ohio jumps on board with this.

I don't think it's so much the general public as it is our government.

I can see that happening, not really sure why Ohio has to feel like they have to control what people do to protect ones self while being protected by the second amendment. Times are changing and other states are starting to realize this and changing their laws as times change.

Why have any gun laws? we all should be able to buy guns even if we are a convicted killer. We should also be able to kill each other with out going to jail let the best shot live the longest. Like the wild west.

Last man standing eh? I'm not sure I like that idea of a letting a convicted criminal out and still being able to have a gun which some do. It only creates more chaos from a family seeking revenge. This method would truly have us back in the wild west. As for best shot hows it fair if sone has a .22 and the other an assault rifle not nesissarly the best shot wins but the bigger gun wins.

I had a blast shooting hard earned cash out of a .500 S&W revolver yesterday. Damn I love the punch it packs when you pull that trigger. :bukkake:

Sooo, if we didn't need a license, how can we prevent bad individuals from having carrying a gun though? ...Or did I miss something?

I say we legislate that the Bogey Man can't have teeth. Then I won't have to look under my bed or in the closet before I go to bed, or even sleep with my gun for that matter.

Our government couldn't care less if we were walking around with our little handguns.

Moar fear and all that...

^^ this

what the hell is your little 9 mm pistol going to do to a squad of fully geared soldiers? exactly jack shit... you'd be dead before you unholstered.

The idea that your handguns will protect you from the government is extremely naive.

Our government couldn't care less if we were walking around with our little handguns.

Moar fear and all that...

If that was the case why has there been so much resistance from the government on gun rights? Why have so many cities banned or try to ban guns?

^^ this

what the hell is your little 9 mm pistol going to do to a squad of fully geared soldiers? exactly jack shit... you'd be dead before you unholstered.

The idea that your handguns will protect you from the government is extremely naive.

Who said anything about going to war against our government?

I forget what it's like to be denied my right to carry. I'm sitting in a hotel room in Atlanta right now feeling naked without something tucked away. I'm certainly not huddled in the corner fearing for my life (RC Buckhead has a pretty good security setup in a nice part of the city), but it's a very weird feeling not having a gun nor access to one. I'd like to read more about constitutional carry before I form an opinion. I waffle between "hell yes" and "but-whatta-bout the......?"

Rep' date=' for actually having knowledge of "Wild West" America and guns.[/quote']

it was dependent upon the local statutes, and businesses could supersede the local statute and require you to check your guns at the door(assuming the town allowed you to carry).

Arizona had the open-carry when I lived there, and businesses had the right to check guns at the door, and if you didn't check your gun, you could be barred entry.

If that was the case why has there been so much resistance from the government on gun rights? Why have so many cities banned or try to ban guns?

Because people are still people. On one side you have a group of gun fanatics thinking everyone should be a gun toting, shoot 'em cowboy that will protect magically from all the bad guys. On the other side you have a group that are afraid of big bad weapons, and wants everyone to just hug out their feelings.

People work in government, people are people.