Installing LeoVince on 2006 HONDA CBR 600 RR

seanya1604

Good Morning!

This is my first real post and I hope it goes to the right area.

I am going to pick up a LeoVince SBK Oval OVAL CARBON for a 2006 HONDA CBR 600 RR. I found a pretty good deal for $409.

I am not very savvy with parts. The dealership wants to charge $140 to install.

Is this a good price?

I would appreciate any feedback!

Thanks,

Sean

slip ons are pretty easy to install...its a little more complicated with undertail guys since we normally (atleast for my 05 zx6r) have to remove the tail fairing.

$140 is fucking expensive. I would do it yourself...youll need minimal tools (tools you should already have if you own a bike) and itll be good to learn...if not theres tons of people on the board that know how to do it, and if theyre scrupulous theyll charge you only 50% of the dealership rate. :D

its pretty easy, just make sure you get the right year. You absolutely need one for an 05-06 otherwise you will wanna shit bricks trying to get it installed. I learned this the hard way from experience

I thought I was just messing up and couldnt get it right so I sent it to one of the board sponsors and he called me and came to the realization it was definitely not for my 05

I did it myself in my driveway one Saurday when I did my Yoshi RS-5. Turbo easy. A couple metric allen wrenches and sockets are all you need. Odaho is right, you need to remove the rear tail fairing, but it's really not hard on the RR. Do it once, and you'll be able to do it again in a couple minutes.

It seriously isn't hard, even for the novice wrencher, so don't let it scare you off. Take the advice, and buy some pizza and beer and have someone come down and help for a couple hours. Save the $140 for more bike parts.

A) if you take your time and pay attention, you should be fine.

B) if you hit that head scratching point. Grab a pillow and lay down on the floor beside the bike and just take a few minutes. Sometimes all it takes is a different point of view to see what you are missing.

Oh, and if anyone has any advice why not to get the LeoVince, please let me know. I was basically going off YouTube and the LeoVince web site for sounds.

I have the same bike same slip on. Love it. If i get the bike together soon you can hear it in person before buying.