Good garage for motorcycle service?

GSXR-7Fish

I'm looking for a garage or somebody thats interested in doing a few services for my my bike and a friends. i'm looking for an oil change and front pads replaced, and my friends looking for an oil change and some lowering links put on. Have cash but no tools! Not looking to pay Iron pony :D Located in Columbus!

Edited by GSXR-7Fish

i've used this guy in the past - Chet http://motorcyclemobiletireservice.com/services.php

I didnt have a garage or a trailor and he comes out to you with the tools and everything on is truck. He's a good guy on top of that as well. There are also a few guys on here that will do what your looking for - hoblick is the first to come to mind. He has several good reviews in the shop review section on here

example - http://www.ohioriders.net/showthread.php?t=73069

Edited by 600ZZ4eb

Tools can be had for $19.99 at walmart to do those simple tasks. Just get the box set with the allens, sockets, and driver fittings. You're going to get raped hard at a dealer service center for those simple tasks well in hundreds. Both can be done in 30mins in your garage. While oil is dripping out replace pads. Stands and cheap or expensive tool set for the simple stuff are a must have for a biker.

Tools can be had for $19.99 at walmart to do those simple tasks. Just get the box set with the allens, sockets, and driver fittings. You're going to get raped hard at a dealer service center for those simple tasks well in hundreds. Both can be done in 30mins in your garage. While oil is dripping out replace pads. Stands and cheap or expensive tool set for the simple stuff are a must have for a biker.

+1

Simple maintenance should be done yourself if possible. It's another whole fantastic world to MC ownership...tooling on your ride. Plenty of local people on the board I'm sure would be more than happy to come over to give a hand.

I agree... having the knowledge to change your own oil and do routine maintenance such as chain adjustment, cable adjustments, etc should be required before being able to purchase said motorcycle. :D sounds like no better time than now to learn!!

I do know how to the work myself, but I dont have the tools, or the hand book or the time, I rather just pay. I can ride it just fine, I just would rather pay to have someone else do the wrenchs, always have someone else work on my own stuff I get to frustrated with things myself. Im a light weight mechanic anyhow. I'll check out the mobile guy. Thanks fellas!

That's cool, I did state that you can buy any tool needed REALLY stupid cheap from Wal-Mart, but I was just wanting it to be known that the specific stuff posted isn't mechanical at all and that it's easy. I guess I view it as knowing how to dress yourself and not paying someone to do it because it's so easy. I've never been a mechanic in my life, it's just simple basic bike work. You can look at it and figure it out without even knowing how the oil or brakes work. If you can put a puzzle together or walk without falling, you can do an oil change or brake pads. :lol: Shit, did I just say that.:eek:

P.S, If you need a handbook that you mentioned, you can't say you DO know how to do the work yourself as you stated. ;)

P.S.S, sorry for being an ass. You'll get pissed I'm sure, but I'm being BRUTALLY honest here.

Honestly though, if I lived near you I'd help you out man. Don't take what I said too personal.

Edited by NinjaNick

I do know how to the work myself, but I dont have the tools, or the hand book or the time, I rather just pay. I can ride it just fine, I just would rather pay to have someone else do the wrenchs, always have someone else work on my own stuff I get to frustrated with things myself. Im a light weight mechanic anyhow. I'll check out the mobile guy. Thanks fellas!

If you chronically get too frustrated that probably means you aren't doing it right, which means you don't know how to do the work yourself. There's nothing wrong with this, but if you want to say you know how to do the work it would help to, you know, actually know how to do it.

I've been told (disclaimer: never used the guy myself) from some people on here that the Mobile guy charges a decent amount. If I were you, I'd get you and the bike to the Independent Motorsports opening this weekend and get a free oil change coupon out of the deal.

If u do call chet (themobileguy) tell him Ebon referred u.