Debit cards: $50 spending limit coming?

chevysoldier

Wright-Patt Credit Union is my bank and I love them. Been with them since I've been 16. I always use my card as credit. I do think this is stupid though because it'll just have people writing checks again which is wonderful that we got away from for so many years. Checks will bounce much more again, like the past, and it will hold up check out lines like they always use do. :nono: FUCK CHECKS!

Disclaimer: Alcohol has been consumed on this side of your pc.

Wright-Patt Credit Union is my bank and I love them. Been with them since I've been 16. I always use my card as credit. I do think this is stupid though because it'll just have people writing checks again which is wonderful that we got away from for so many years. Checks will bounce much more again, like the past, and it will hold up check out lines like they always use do. :nono: FUCK CHECKS!

Then they'll be able to collect the overdraft/return fees from that.

Disclaimer: Alcohol has been consumed on this side of your pc.

Hi. I'm ninjanick and I have a problem... :lol:

Edited by jporter12
Quote split fail...

Some banks do a very nice job for their customers, but don't be fooled to think they aren't making damn sure they are taken care of first.

sure, I understand businesses making profits, but huntington has eliminated virtually any fee i've ever recieved from other banks, plus they just gave me a hundred bucks for opening an account (ever get a free hundred for account opening at your CU?)

would this affect me using my bank card an running it credit like i always do?
Nope, only if you have to enter a PIN. I never use mine as a debit card either.

Personally I don't understand why you would want to use it as DEBIT anyway?

I've always used our card as CREDIT. If I want cash I use an atm.

Having spent 8 years in banking & investments... I think this is almost comical, & could see it coming a decade ago, when they were pushing so friggin' hard for everyone to get a debit card. We used to have stupid "sales" meetings on Monday mornings to brainstorm how to "sell" more debit cards to our clients :rolleyes:

I knew damn well back then, that once they got everyone hooked... They'd start jackin' the fees on everybody. Banks DO suck... Especially the big ones. I remember way back then when First Bank of Chicago/Detroit was getting a shitstorm of bad press because they were charging "teller assist" fees on their Basic "free" checking account if you came inside, rather than using the ATM :nono:

so does mine when i hit my PIN :)

But do you get rewards points? I get rewards points that turns into about $500-600 year when I run my as credit. I can pay certain bills as credit and get rewards points for it.

sure, I understand businesses making profits, but huntington has eliminated virtually any fee i've ever recieved from other banks, plus they just gave me a hundred bucks for opening an account (ever get a free hundred for account opening at your CU?)

No, but it's not a huge selling factor for me anyway. Chase, Huntington, and U.S. Bank have been sending me shit for months now offering $100 to open an account and they can keep it. It's not enough for me to want to deal with them and their practices. It's good to hear that you have a good deal with Huntington, as that sounds like the way banks should treat customers with regard to fees. But it's not the standard nowadays by any stretch.

On the debit/credit transactions...I can't recall the last time I used it as a debit card. I had heard a few years back that some banks were charging businesses fees for transactions where customers were making debit purchases because it was more akin to an ATM transaction, and those fees came out being more than the 2.5% or so Visa was charging. Plus, why punch in my PIN every time I want to buy something? Swipe, go, and balance the checkbook. Pretty simple.

It's good to hear that you have a good deal with Huntington, as that sounds like the way banks should treat customers with regard to fees. But it's not the standard nowadays by any stretch.

yep, so far so good.

why punch in my PIN every time I want to buy something? Swipe, go, and balance the checkbook. Pretty simple.

ditto

- Dumbasses paying high interest and fees to banks.

- Gov't telling banks stop taking money from people who were forced to open accounts at gunpoint

- Banks spend millions paying programmers, testers, project managers to make 20 different changes by a deadline.

- Banks now raking in fewer dollars.

What did anyone expect to happen when they were cheering for the CARD act? Can't make as much off of group A, go suck some more out of everyone else. Now, round two of regulation changes are on their way:

http://banking.senate.gov/public/_files/070110_Dodd_Frank_Wall_Street_Reform_comprehensive_summary_Final.pdf

Yay.

But do you get rewards points? I get rewards points that turns into about $500-600 year when I run my as credit. I can pay certain bills as credit and get rewards points for it.

same here, use my credit card for EVERYTHING except Sams Club. I usually end up racking up enough points for a couple hundred bucks worth of Best Buy or Sears gift cards