NFL lockout officially called.

Cheech

$$$$$$$$$ that's it. Nothing more. 30 years ago, it was about pride, championships, trophies, titles. Now these f-ing punks sell their gold pants and championship rings for $$$$$. That's all it is. Crying little bitches. I've gone 15 years without the NFL, so what's one more? I can't wait to hear someone's rationale for their need for a union.

This is a non-event

Here's what's gonna happen... To appease the owners & player's greed, & line their pockets the way they all think they're entitled... The owners will pay the players to get them "working" again & bringing in revenue. To accommodate those increased wage expenses they'll incur... They'll then raise ticket prices even further through the roof, & pass those increased wages along to the rest of us... The sheeple fans

I've been to 2 NFL games in my life, & one was pre-season. The college game is much more exciting. I have no desire to make other people rich for playing/promoting a children's game. Besides... My couch in front of my big screen plasma has much more legroom & a much better view of the game

Moat NFL players are nowhere near millionaires. The average NFL career is about 3 seasons. I agree that this is all about greed but even the all-stars that play for 10 or 15 years are fighting for the people that you never hear of that only play for a few seasons. This lockout has very little to due with the millionaires of the NFL and a lot to due with the average NFL player.

That's why they all play college football and should stay and get their most likely free or discounted education. Minimum salary is 285k and high 400's after that third season. Ya still don't feel sorry for the average NFL player.

Moat NFL players are nowhere near millionaires. The average NFL career is about 3 seasons. I agree that this is all about greed but even the all-stars that play for 10 or 15 years are fighting for the people that you never hear of that only play for a few seasons. This lockout has very little to due with the millionaires of the NFL and a lot to due with the average NFL player.

Yeah, but the "average" NFL players; the guys earning $600k a year who barely make the roster, are going to be the ones who cave first.

There are a LOT of NFL players who live way beyond their means. The Mannings of the league can piss away money with impunity, but the rest of the team tries to live the same lifestyle without the paycheck to support it.

Watch what happens when the 2nd and 3rd string guys miss that first $80,000 paycheck, but still have 3 mortgages and 10 car payments to make. They'll change their tunes pretty damn quick, and pressure the higher-paid players into settling with the owners.

and if not, fuck it - I would love to see replacement players on the field. I'd try out to be one just for shits and giggles.

Question for all those armchair QBs out there...

What kind of salary SHOULD these pro's be making? What's fair for the players vs. the owners? If you can't pay to attract the top talent and put in "The Replacements", would you pay to go see them? My money'd be better spent at an OSU or local High School game without the "best" out there...

Here you go -- I'll even help you with financials

http://www.forbes.com/lists/2008/30/sportsmoney_nfl08_Cleveland-Browns_307074.html

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2008/10/nfl_tickets_where_does_the_mon.html

Make your business cases...

If you can't pay to attract the top talent and put in "The Replacements", would you pay to go see them?

Hell yeah! There'd still be beer to drink and the Browns would have a better chance if the slate was wiped clean across the league! :D

I never knew the NFL had unions until a few days ago. I don't care' date=' either way. But.. I agree with Justin, although I'm not being sarcastic.[/quote']

How many times have you heard of soccer players going on strikes?