Child support bureaucratic bastards..

Gump

You know they charge the same 2% processing fee for someone paying $100 a month or someone paying $1000 a month against the paid value. It's unconstitutional.

Takes no more effort to process a $200 child support payment than it does a $2000 child support payment.

The State set's the rates on both sides so I call bullcrap.

I'm not upset about paying support or anything but I am upset about this processing fee crap.

Should be a flat fee and if needed for some unkown reason based maybe on number of children at best.

And Ohio changed the age a child can choose who they live with from 12 to the courts decide. Probably because they would see a loss of their revenue stream if a bunch of kids chose to live with their father. Bastards

Edited by Gump
  • Upvote 1

Another case of liberals making laws and the effects of irresponsible people on the rest of society. Your only revenge will come when she complains about the payment being late, you'll be able to say, "The State has your check, not me." I know, very little comfort.

That % pays the wages of those hard working state employes and some good benefits for them also

FUCKTARDS!!!

Should be the first jobs done away with by that moron governer

OK I am over that now

• Upvote 1

Another case of liberals making laws and the effects of irresponsible people on the rest of society. Your only revenge will come when she complains about the payment being late, you'll be able to say, "The State has your check, not me." I know, very little comfort.

:wtf: If it's something you disagree with it's automatically a "liberal" policy? Do you even KNOW the history of child support laws? :rolleyes: I didn't realize we were turning this into a political debate? The OP didn't put it in that section...

That % pays the wages of those hard working state employes and some good benefits for them also

FUCKTARDS!!!

Should be the first jobs done away with by that moron governer

OK I am over that now

For the record...

Child support is the only agency that is actually self supportive for the state. In case you didn't know, they get the least amount of your tax dollars. Which ya'll seem to bitch quite frequently about. SO one or the fucking other...you can't have both.

Here are some of the things it actually pays for.

1. processing of the payment, I'm not sure what if any actually ends up in the pocket of the worker. I haven't seen any increases.

2. establish paternity, which you would have to pay for yourself if not charged 2% The tests aren't really cheap to have done privately.

3. any enforcement and/or court fees that you would have to pay for yourself.

But I'm glad you think I'm a lazy fucktard, who sits on my ass and collects your tax dollars. Also the ridiculous amount of change I bring home each month on my fat government salary. (insert a hefty amount of sarcasm here)

Oh don't forget to call me a dirty, lazy, liberal too, I forgot about that.

/rant/

• Upvote 1

For the record...

Child support is the only agency that is actually self supportive for the state. In case you didn't know, they get the least amount of your tax dollars. Which ya'll seem to bitch quite frequently about. SO one or the fucking other...you can't have both.

Here are some of the things it actually pays for.

1. processing of the payment, I'm not sure what if any actually ends up in the pocket of the worker. I haven't seen any increases.

2. establish paternity, which you would have to pay for yourself if not charged 2% The tests aren't really cheap to have done privately.

3. any enforcement and/or court fees that you would have to pay for yourself.

But I'm glad you think I'm a lazy fucktard, who sits on my ass and collects your tax dollars. Also the ridiculous amount of change I bring home each month on my fat government salary. (insert a hefty amount of sarcasm here)

Oh don't forget to call me a dirty, lazy, liberal too, I forgot about that.

/rant/

Paternity tests are cheap, under a $100, compared to 2% for 18 years.

What court or enforcement fee's? (insert a hefty "whatever dude" here)

I'd like to see the gubment utilize LEAN process. Lots of wasted space would be let go.

Edited by Gump

Paternity tests are cheap, under a $100, compared to 2% for 18 years.

What court or enforcement fee's? (insert a hefty "whatever dude" here)

Agreed one paternity test would be cheaper, than the life of the establishment.

Modifications and establishments all have court fees. Which can add up to over the 2% if you go it alone. If you want to, that's your decision. Also, you could consider the 2% percent fee as a way to get credit for the payments you're making, and actually fulfilling the responsibility to your child. If you make those payments on a monthly basis kudos to you. I wish more folks were like you.

So what you're saying is...My tax dollars went to pay for YOUR 2008 Mean Streak motorcycle? :eek:

Totally unacceptable. :D

No, the bank's money went to pay for that damnit! :D

lol...good advice. I don't have issues with paying it's all automatic and I never even see it but technically it could be handled thru auto payroll deductions straight to a mothers account without requiring state employees in every county. I'd assume Child support offices were created more so to get parents the money from dead beat parents.

I know of too many horror stories about the system to have much faith in it.

Guy at work had three kids in the system, as they hit their required criteria to end support he quit sending in money for them. When the last one hit his 18th birthday he quit sending money all together. Sometime later he was notified that he was a deadbeat dad and 40K in the rears on his support. The stupid system had them as a ward of the court and didn't know their birthdays. I understand the system has changed since then and now you need to go to court to end your support even after it is in a court order on how it is to be executed, a totally stupid unnecessary redundancy.

It's a really fucked up system that should only be there as a punitive authority if matters aren't being handled properly by court order not a big bureaucratic cumbersome administrative waste of resources.

• Upvote 1

Eh... whatevs on the fees' date=' but I will say that the staff in my local CSEA building has to be the dumbest bunch of assholes I've ever encountered. (and I've been to church in Chattanooga, TN)[/quote']

That is too funny; I lived down that way for a while and might have experienced similar results.