firearms that will shoot multiple calibers

redkow97

As you may recall, my wife was adamantly against having multiple firearms in our home. I'm starting to convince her that it would be nice to have a concealable and/or carry weapon; or even just something easier to lock up when we're away or have kids.

The 10/22 got my foot in the door. I'm working toward wedging a handgun in with me :D

Anyway, just as before, I'm looking to be cost conscious with regard to the firearm itself, as well as ammo, and I'd like for it to be versatile.

I happened to be looking at the specs on my uncle's Ruger single-six, and saw that they sell a model with swappable cylinders that will fire a .22lr or a 22mag round.

The same is true of the larger blackhawk, which offers 357mag/9mm luger or .45 colt/.45 auto.

And i'm sure there are many many more.

Any good budget combos out there that I'm not considering? Ideally the perfect firearm would offer 1 round that's capable of home/personal defense, and another that's relatively cheap to shoot. The 10/22 will still be my plinker.

Judge and Public defender. Great for home defense kind of hard to conceal though.

Shoots .45 L/C and .410

New one out from Bond Arms. Snake slayer a derringer with a trigger guard. Shoots .45 L/C and .410 easily concealed.

http://snakeslayer.com/

I have already ordered one of these. I always come across a snake while mowing at my house.

Comes in a huge variety of calibers, but few that interchange.

There is a Uberti that is out? Shoots 9mm and 357/38 as well. Nice gun - I would opt for the Ruger though.

Long shot...

With the new Gas pistons on the market for AR's you can get one in a pistol :D

Edited by Beegreenstrings

The Taurus Judge will shoot .45 colt and .410 shotgun shells.

Any .357 Magnum revolver can shoot .38's (don't try the other way around)

CZ-52 shoots 7.62x25 Tokerev and with only a barrel change will shoot 9mm.

Most .40 S&W can be converted with a barrel change to shoot .357Sig

The Medusa 47 could shoot anything from .380's, .38 special, 9mm to .357magnum without any changes.

You also have the more hunting oriented Thompson pistols that with a barrel change can shoot anything from the new .17 rounds clear up to .30-06

Sig P250

It's modular. You can swap out everything. Calibers & frame sizes.

There's a P250 .40 package you can get for around $400 that includes a .357sig barrel. You can even swap to 9mm or .45 and only have 1 serial number.

Early reviews of the P250 were so-so, but now it seems that is Sig has everything worked out.

• Upvote 1

The Taurus Judge will shoot .45 colt and .410 shotgun shells.

Any .357 Magnum revolver can shoot .38's (don't try the other way around)

CZ-52 shoots 7.62x25 Tokerev and with only a barrel change will shoot 9mm.

Most .40 S&W can be converted with a barrel change to shoot .357Sig

The Medusa 47 could shoot anything from .380's, .38 special, 9mm to .357magnum without any changes.

You also have the more hunting oriented Thompson pistols that with a barrel change can shoot anything from the new .17 rounds clear up to .30-06

These. Esp the bolded ones.

The only caveat I'd mention, is the .357sig barrel pressures are slightly higher than .40S&W and sometimes come with a heavier duty return spring. So, I got a .357sig and then an additional .40S&W barrel, as opposed to getting a .40 and then a .357sig barrel - so it would have internal components built to .357sig specs. The magazines are identical for .357sig and .40S&W so you don't need any additional components there, just a barrel.

That whole issue above probably isn't a big deal unless you're putting thousands of rounds through it, but I erred on the side of robustness.

Eea witness combo 45/22 for around $500.

that's hot, and just about ideal. No way I'll afford it until after track season, but it's on the list for sure.

.22lr/anything big enough to be a decent carry weapon is what I'm looking for. Plinking cheapness with bad-guy killing power :D