SKS just like mine.... for $525!?

Casper

it comes with two stocks and 500rds of ammo - maybe thats why hes asking so much? how much was yours?

I paid $300 with the same foldable stock and a 25rd mag. I don't have the wood stock, but nobody wants those anyways. I guess the 500 rnds might make up some of that cost. I dunno.

I don't have the wood stock, but nobody wants those anyways.

i do. i have a monte carlo stock on mine, but want the wood one. it looks so much better with wood IMO.

Really? Huh. You're the first person I've ever heard say that.

Looks better and performs better.

There, now you've heard it twice.

Back in the day, I had two Chinese SKS's's...The one w/ the original stock and fixed 10 round mag was rugged and ran flawlessly. The other was adapted to run AK mags and FTF'd to no end. As far as second-hand experiences, most people I've spoken w/ who run the duckbill mags have had feeding problems.

Tapco, etc., stocks are just plain ugly (IMO), except for the Monte Carlo--but it still loses something, though.

mine has the monte carlo with the fixed mag... i just like the look of the wood furniture better.

if someone wants to trade their wood (heh heh) for my monte carlo, let me know :)

I still have mine going on 20 some years. I bought it in NY for $125 and was told I payed too much back then. It's all origional and works flawlessly, never had it miss although it has double tapped once or twice. Handy when fighting zombies I guess. :lol:

I still have mine going on 20 some years. I bought it in NY for $125 and was told I payed too much back then. It's all origional and works flawlessly, never had it miss although it has double tapped once or twice. Handy when fighting zombies I guess. :lol:

i think i paid 100 for mine about 10 years ago.

Really? Huh. You're the first person I've ever heard say that.

Second person. Oops, ok third person. Mine is a used authentic 1973 Chinese military/militia training rifle, per the serial number. All the dings and dents give it character. Yup, it was about 80 bucks. And surprise, it's one of the most accurate rifles I've ever seen. It might have something to do with the milled frame, instead of a stamped steel frame. Good luck finding one of those...

the only thing I added was an authentic Chinese rifle sling and an authentic Chinese paratrooper canvas jump bag to store it in.

Edited by ReconRat

Do tell....

Back in my no-kid bachelor days, I used to frequent the Dillon shooting range in zanesville. I took my new SKS out of its sleeve and began plinking away at the target about 50 yards downrange. The more rounds I shot, the more sticky the trigger felt. By about half way through the second clip (yes, clip), it went full auto until the magazine was empty and she fired no more. I've never seen an overweight range officer run faster in my life. Until he figured out that I was speaking the truth, he was convinced I was worthy of a BATF call. After that, it shot no more. I took it to Vances and was working on a trade when I decided to come clean about the condition. The guy at the counter laughed and gave me $60 towards my new gun.... I think it may have been my first G17. Moral of the story.... well, no moral but it was funny at the time.

• Upvote 1