Any one used Plasti Dip?

4DAIVI PAI2K5

Used it in 8th grade metal shop a hundred years ago to coat 1/8" rope coiled around a dowel - to make a handle on a hammer (we cast the head, that's why it was a metal shop project).

Still using the hammer, the coating has held up great.

I wouldn't suggest putting it on yer johnson.

Ive used the spray on rubber coat for tool handles and with enough coats... its what you want. Im sure the dip is much thicker. It adheres well too...the spray on did. But i just sanded, cleaned with thinner and sprayed. I used it on Bike stand spool cradle to keep from scratching the swingarm.

Ive used the spray on rubber coat for tool handles and with enough coats... its what you want. Im sure the dip is much thicker. It adheres well too...the spray on did. But i just sanded, cleaned with thinner and sprayed. I used it on Bike stand spool cradle to keep from scratching the swingarm.

Good idea, I glued some soft foam on mine. I figure Ill have a shit ton of junk dipped by the time I'm done this weekend haha.

Good idea, I glued some soft foam on mine. I figure Ill have a shit ton of junk dipped by the time I'm done this weekend haha.

Oh ya! Ill bet your thinking about everything that you could use it on. Good luck! When i sprayed my cradles i just did it on the steel table top at work and later after it dried i was able to peel the over spray off in one piece. Its heavy duty. :badgerrock:I also used the spray on the chains for my snow plow. Its held up much better than just paint.

My dad has some tools that were my Gramps' from eons ago that he dipped the handles in...That Plasti Dip, if thats what it was back then, is still on there.

I got some spray on rubber undercoating product... Shit isnt dry after a night in front of the furnace, 2 nights in front of a fan, tried to bake it today for about 30 mins on the lowest setting my oven has, and its been sitting in front of the fan for another 9 hrs.... still not dry?????????? WTF