Tails of a bus driver

gen3flygirl

I have been a licensed CDL driv with Ohio State for roughly 3 years now. In that time I have seen and heard some weird and funny things. The beginning of the quarter is usually the best time for these type of things.

Yesterday started off like every other day, boring, slow , and quite. About an hour before I was getting ready to come home one of OSU's finest gets on our radio channel and calls out for our supervisor. These calls arent uncommon but we usually don't get to hear what is going on. My supervisor tried doing a private call to the officers radio which apparently failed. The officer not wanting to bother using a land line decided that discretion would be thrown out the door and discuss the issue over an open radio channel that every bus driver, passengers, and a former driver who records all the transmission could hear. The officer was looking for either bus number 2506 or 2605. My boss explined that 2605 didn't exist and 2506 was in the shop. The officer seemed more than irritated at this point. So he asked where the campus loop south bus was. This was a very odd question because we have multiple busses on that route. Trying to be as accommodating as possible my boss has every driver call out which bus they were in and where they were on campus. The officer had two of the three busses stop where they were so that officers could search the busses. When I got back to the garage I found out that the officers were looking for a guy who was masturbating on the back of the bus. A concerned patorn called the police with the wrong bus number which caused a good portion of the frustration. Sadly they were unable to find the guy.

I came into work today thinking that there wouldn't be any good excitement for a while after the events of yesterday. Yet again I was proven wrong, about 20 min ago one of our older female drivers called my supervisor notifing him that the guy was in the back of her bus masturbating. Last I head he had her stay where she was so that he could call the police.

I will try to find the link to the radio transmissions from yesterday.

Sorry SJC I think some of your coworkers are a little behind the ball if they don't notice that there is more than one bus on a route and openly talk about sensitive information over an open channel.

whats with the false advertising? you mentions bus driver tails, so i expected to see your booty....didnt know you were going to tell me a tale about being a bus driver

I was thinking the same thing. :( .What a letdown.

lol, that's disgusting g3. I rode a cota from Ft. Knox KY to Columbus, OH. Sucked every minute and it seemed like it took forever. I hate buses too.

I kinda doubt that you rode a COTA (Central Ohio Transit Authority) bus that far. Maybe it was a Greyhound? :D

This is why while riding in z cab I always sit where I can talk to the driver cuz i wanna hear all the stories they have.

I had a rider yesterday telling me about how impressed he was by this girl he use to know. She could smoke crack and drive stick at the same time.

I have been a licensed CDL driv with Ohio State for roughly 3 years now. In that time I have seen and heard some weird and funny things. The beginning of the quarter is usually the best time for these type of things.

Yesterday started off like every other day, boring, slow , and quite. About an hour before I was getting ready to come home one of OSU's finest gets on our radio channel and calls out for our supervisor. These calls arent uncommon but we usually don't get to hear what is going on. My supervisor tried doing a private call to the officers radio which apparently failed. The officer not wanting to bother using a land line decided that discretion would be thrown out the door and discuss the issue over an open radio channel that every bus driver, passengers, and a former driver who records all the transmission could hear. The officer was looking for either bus number 2506 or 2605. My boss explined that 2605 didn't exist and 2506 was in the shop. The officer seemed more than irritated at this point. So he asked where the campus loop south bus was. This was a very odd question because we have multiple busses on that route. Trying to be as accommodating as possible my boss has every driver call out which bus they were in and where they were on campus. The officer had two of the three busses stop where they were so that officers could search the busses. When I got back to the garage I found out that the officers were looking for a guy who was masturbating on the back of the bus. A concerned patorn called the police with the wrong bus number which caused a good portion of the frustration. Sadly they were unable to find the guy.

I came into work today thinking that there wouldn't be any good excitement for a while after the events of yesterday. Yet again I was proven wrong, about 20 min ago one of our older female drivers called my supervisor notifing him that the guy was in the back of her bus masturbating. Last I head he had her stay where she was so that he could call the police.

I will try to find the link to the radio transmissions from yesterday.

Sorry SJC I think some of your coworkers are a little behind the ball if they don't notice that there is more than one bus on a route and openly talk about sensitive information over an open channel.

Just out of curiosity, why is that conversation an issue on the radio? It isn't like he said the guy was "punching the clown", "poppin' his pud", or "committing genocide" at the back of the bus. The most it would have been was "masturbating" on the bus, which is a "professional" transmission. And it doesn't sound like he even said that since you didn't find out what he was talking about until you got back to the garage.

If they are looking for a suspicious person it is usually better to be as discreet about it as possible. The guy probably herd it and got off the bus as soon as possible. We had a guy with a gun on a bus 2 years ago, the driver pushed the emergency 911 button which displays "call 911 emergency " on the signs. Instead of calling the police the dumb ass other drivers kept calling it out over the radio potentially putting the driver in danger.