Red Jacket Firearms

Gump

That's was was looking for? Just watched the DVR'd episode of that.

Going to email them.

You ever wonder how they make all them things? They must have a crew in the back on assembly lines or something after they make the prototypes.

How is a 144 db silenced?

Not that I don't think those dudes are a bunch of homos, but it is "silenced".

While the legal term, per the NFA, is silencer, the proper term is suppressor. It suppresses, not eliminates, the muzzleblast and the report of the shot. Thus, if it reduces it, its working.

That said, 144 db ain't anything to write home about. Your average 308 bolt gun with a can is running 128-132db (using supersonic ammo) depending on barrel length/suppressor. Not sure what those numbers are with subsonic ammo.

Edit: and I think 144 is the OSHA limit for "hearing safe"

They weren't clear about that on the show. I read on the other suppressor site that someones trying to sell on here that that's the only issue. Everybody and there brother can build one but not for shot shells.

My work says anything over 90 is unsafe per osha. True it is not as loud as a regular shot gun so it is suppressed. All there guns they shoot with there cans on them seem loud.

Maybe thats a suppressor industry level/goal. For some reason 144 sticks out in my head.

Suppressors generally sound crappy with audio recordings. In person its completely different. The DB rating is just measuring peak pressure of the sound, but tone, duration etc.. that all makes an impact on how it sounds to the human ear, but isn't necessarily picked up by the mic. Some of it is also they do stuff in an indoor range and you are hearing the bullets hit the target too.

You'll be waiting forever! I ordered a shirt from them a week before the first show aired, and I'm still waiting on it. They have been real good about keeping me updated about my order, but man is it taking forever!!!

I liked the Magpul concept version of the folding gun/flashlight better.

Of course, no laser or survival goodies...

I agree. I was watching Son's of Guns and as soon as they started talking about developing a "new concept" fold out flashlight gun, I remembered seeing the Magpul version a few years ago.

I agree. I was watching Son's of Guns and as soon as they started talking about developing a "new concept" fold out flashlight gun, I remembered seeing the Magpul version a few years ago.

I agree. They played it off like something new.