Anyone using Firefox 4?

Casper

I don't notice much difference. It still freezes and hangs like FF3.6 did, but I guess that's what I get for only rocking 512MB of RAM on WinXP Home

I love hearing people complain about apps freezing, then mention they're running Windows. :lol:

hmmm....upgraded....this new version of FF is pretty odd....definitely going to take some getting used to... the noscript button being at the top and the tabs being at the top are odd looking....but its nice how its setup, makes a huge difference in the amount of screen you can see since they ditched the status bar on the bottom and moved the tabs into the main bar at the top...its neat, i think ill keep it...just need to get used to it

I've noticed some small improvements to flash-loaded sites, and some streaming improvements. YouTube is a slight improvement, but some of the other sites that have embedded video with more crap going on around them (ads & whatnot on wimp.com is an example), I tend to think it handles all of that a bit better than previously.

As long as it loads redtube, I'm good though...

• Upvote 1

Eh. I'd rate Firefox and Opera higher than Chrome.

I used FF for years, but switched to Chrome from FF about 6mo's ago, as FF had gotten reeeally slow. Chrome was noticeably faster.

Been happy since then

I used FF for years, but switched to Chrome from FF about 6mo's ago, as FF had gotten reeeally slow. Chrome was noticeably faster.

Been happy since then

heres what i used to speed up the previous version of FF

http://www.tutzone.org/2009/01/increase-firefox-speed-by-10-30x.html

worked like a charm

You can move the location of the tabs and the home button. I have my layout just like FF3. Seems snappier and faster loading than FF3. FF5 will be out by the end of the year...possibly sooner according to the new release schedule from Mozilla.

Been happy since then

same here. I'm not all that techy so as long as I can get my email, forums, facebook and pr0n I'm happy