ZX14 at Willow Springs track

NinjaNick

I didn't think the 14 was a track capable bike. Guess I was wrong lol.

"capable," sure, just not ideal.

Notice how the 14 breaks away very easily from a dead stop, but then is suddenly in the middle of the camera shot once they encounter the first series of corners? flopping that big boy left to right in succession will be where it really slows down a lot.

The camera bike also goes wide in 2 turns on the first lap alone. When I do that, it's because the guy in front of me is carrying less corner speed, and i'm trying not to hit them. video cameras don't give very good perspective.

What surprised me though is around the 1:35 mark, the front wheel on the camera bike lifts, but the ZX14's didn't. That was essentially a straight line, so my only theory is that the ZX14 was already braking for that section where they run over the black/yellow striping.

I wouldn't call that track "sketchy," but it's hard as hell to see where the track's going without grass to define the boarders! the dust really blurs the edges.

I didn't think the 14 was a track capable bike. Guess I was wrong lol.

Anything is track capable. It's just whether or not something is better suited. The vid is cool, but it isn't the best choice for a fast lap at that track... They certainly were not flying...