Good friend passed yesterday...

Beegreenstrings

One of the greatest archers known to Ohio passed yesterday. Fiance called me last night to let me know. Been friends a long time. One of the greatest staff shooters Hoyt has ever had.

He lived in Lancaster, Ohio. Chris was one of the greats! He hunted like no other and had the trophies to prove it. When it came to the target game he shot the same! He was and will be one of the all time greats!

He taught me a lot and hope to pass his knowledge on in my teachings. He was one of the nicest stand up guys I knew in the game.

You will be missed buddy!

Thanks everyone.

It was just odd to hear of. He was only a few years older than me (I say few I mean 5). Just odd. They were out working in the yard. He came in to get cleaned up and when she came in he was laying on the floor.

I'm guessing your not very old. Sorry to hear.

Chris was a great teacher and a greater friend. We always laughed and joked that there was no one that Chris' didn't know.

My best memories of Chris was from a World Championship a few years back. He got stuck in the wrong class and ended up on my course. Couple groups in front of me. We were not really backed up but had caught up to his group. His group shot from the stake they needed to and of course Chris was dead center in the 11. They backed away from the stake ( a walk in to the stake and then walk around to the target type thing) and walked up the hill to get around the obsticles in the way. Chris stops what I guessed the yardage at as 67 yards. He stated later from where he was at he shot it for 63. Which in this case was 13 yards past his stake. He looked at it, these guys in my group and his group laughed and asked what he was doing (this was a IBO shoot and we only 11's) he stated he was going to shoot the ASA 14 on this mule deer down hill on a angle at 63 yards. Everyone chuckled, and it was the last shot of the day, I remember one guy stating I got a dollar says you cant. I was the first to speak up and through my dollar in the hat stating it would be inside the lines even. They all laughed and he smiled at me with his cig hanging out of his mouth. Smack dead center in the 14. These guys just looked at him I was laughing pulling the money from the hat. Great memory. Anyone that knew Chris' Knew a shot like that for him was a chip shot.

Another site has some comments posted. One of the best is the local shop owner. He told his sons about what had happened and they both looked at their dad and asked who would be helping them out now when they need it. Chris was that type of guy! No chore too big or too small. He was always there for everyone. Especially for the little kids.