Is there a dyno shop that can set my jets?

Beegreenstrings

Noticed yesterday the bike is starving itself for fuel.

kind of figured it was going to be off a little but not as much as it was.

choking itself off at 5200 on a hard accelaration and 6K at a normal accelaration.

This is the Superhawk that had the pipes open on it with no baffles. I put all new baffles and repacked the exhuase as Yoshi recommends.

HELP!

If the bike was initially jetted for the exhaust, repacking would richen your mixture a bit wouldn't it? Someone with real knowledge can tell you more on that one.

Most any bikeshop that has an in-house dyno can rejet your bike if that's the issue with it.

Jets are pretty cheap, I'd just search for the best recommended jetting for that bike and just buy the set of jets.

thats what i did on mine

go on a superhawk forum and post up every mod you have and they will be able to tell you which jets you need to be using - then buy those specific jets and put them in.....keep in mind that a size is not all you need to know - theres a difference in Mikuni jets and Dynojet jets....a 165 mikuni jet flows different than a 165 dynojet...so be careful while ordering and make sure they clarify which ones you need

heres a comparison chart.... i found out that the reason my bike was rich even though it had the right numbers, is because it needed a 165 dynojet but it had a 165 mikuni (or maybe the opposite...but the number was right and the brand was wrong)

heres a chart to match them up

http://vmaxoutlaw.com/tech/dyno-mikuni.htm

165 mikuni = 176 dynojet

Spikes or Larue doesn't make parts you need for this???

Yeah, no kidding :nono: i thought originally I had the wrong safety switch. Maybe the multi selector instead of the two position. But, that does not seem to be the issue. :D Finished that lower last night. It is just waiting on the new upper.

Now I need this lower fixed so I can be a happy upper.

Put it on a dyno and have it sniffed, anything else is just guessing.

Well yeah, but it is going to take multiple runs and a lot of work to get it right.

But I guess the biggie is I need to find one that I can get it on first and do multiple passes on.

Well yeah, but it is going to take multiple runs and a lot of work to get it right.

But I guess the biggie is I need to find one that I can get it on first and do multiple passes on.

A reputable shop should be able to get a smooth sweep thru the revs in a few pulls, carbs are quirpy equipment in comparison with EFI - cant just adjust the map here n there so it's not as simple to rejet - but they should get her dialed easily enough.......until you head for the mountains that is ;)

Never know, get the proper jetting from the VFR forum for your setup and that would put you close - dyno before and after the jet swap to see the difference and you may be able to fine tune the rest out with the airscrews? Vtwins "should" be simpler to synch than an inline rack so you might surprise yourself. Run her lean too much and you risk burning sh*t up

Extremetec ATV in Gallion Ohio (my buddy Jeff) is looking into it for me. He was going to make some calls and then let me know a estimate. He will get them done right on the money if he can do it.

The build they did on my ATV was awesome. Never owned another that pulled that way.

Don't go chasing HP right away. What you are looking for is 12.5 Air/Fuel ratio with the sniffer. A good operator will get it close with main jets then fine tune with needle height adjustments. If you motor is stock the factory pilot jets should be fine.

A v-twin should be fairly easy to get right but I admit I've never worked on your particular model. CBX's KZ1300's, & Benelli Tre's suck to jet correctly. Early V4 Honda's I won't even look at any longer.

go to superhawkforum.com i can check when i get home what mine is jetted at, should be close to what you want. i do know that the carbs in mine have a larger main in the front then they do in the rear or vice versa...i went with the rec jets from the forum and it was spot on and runs like a new bike.

Don't go chasing HP right away. What you are looking for is 12.5 Air/Fuel ratio with the sniffer.

Jeff has the whole deal and will get it where it needs to be. I am just wanting the bike to run right, I am not looking at advancing or searching for HP. He had my 400ex running at its best. After we done all the mods to it, it would not even start. He had perfect in a half an hour. Before I was just hoping to find a dyno closer, but seems to be a shortage of them and techs to go with them...

go to superhawkforum.com i can check when i get home what mine is jetted at, should be close to what you want. i do know that the carbs in mine have a larger main in the front then they do in the rear or vice versa...i went with the rec jets from the forum and it was spot on and runs like a new bike.

Ah I tried, have a account and everything and something is wrong. I have sent messages to the account guy and I cant post look at pics of any kind and cant PM anyone, so i gave up over there.

Edited by Beegreenstrings