Casper

48÷2(9+3)=?  

170 members have voted

1. 1. 48÷2(9+3)=?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

And the Lord spoke, saying,

"First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin. Then, shalt thou count to 288, no more, no less. 288 shalt be the number thou shalt count,

and the number of the counting shalt be 288. 289 shalt thou not count, nor either count thou 287 excepting that thou then proceed to 288.

2 is right out. Once the number 288, being the 288th number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thou foe,

who believing 2 is the correct answer, shall snuff it."

• 4 months later...
Me:o

Sad but true we are not very good at math in the US. If this was being used in a laboratory equation I would want the equation written as [(X/y)(z+n)] just to avoid the logical process issues.

I mean who laughs when NASA wastes a Billion dollar Satillite into the surface of Mars because someone forgot to convert ft to meters?:nono:

This is exactly why I always add the extra unnecessary parens to my code, just so I clear to myself and anyone else who reads the code what the order of operations is.

Craig

shouldn't it really be written as

48 =

2(9+3)

dont we have to do it that way since there is only one set of ( ), pretty simple.

You can't do it this way. As there is essentially an X on the one side.

48/2(9+3)=X solve for X

48=2(9+3)X

48=2X(12)

48=24X

48/24=X

2=X

Close the thread already!!