New rider in Lewis Center

Bellboy1

Hi, I've been reading some articles on the forum over the last few weeks and now that riding season is here, I wanted to join up on the forum. I have a 2008 Ninja 500 that is just about brand new and just finished msf 2 weeks ago in the rain, snow and hail! Now I'm venturing out on the back roads and building up some confidence to go play in traffic.

When not on 2 wheels I often am out playing with SCCA on an autocross course in a shifter kart. It gives me a speed outlet so I can just cruise around on the bike and not take chances on the road!

Looking forward to a great summer of riding!

Now I'm venturing out on the back roads and building up some confidence to go play in traffic.

Your looking at it all wrong. Go play in traffic to build up some confidence to go hit the country roads :D

Welcome to OR.

I always wanted to try those shifter karts. However, I was always in the group that had to work the course when the carts would go out. It always took forever to get through that group since all cars had to be parked and off for the karts to run. However, I would love for my boys to learn to start autox in the junior karts.

I might take you up on that Mykill. I don't know too many other riders yet, but I know there is at least one Ohio Rider in my neighborhood. I see the sticker on the back of his SUV and the bikes at his house each summer! I'm hoping to find a group I can fit into to go riding.