FS: 2004 Suzuki Volusia 800 Limited, many extras, $3,000

Scruit

**SOLD**

I have a 2004 Volusia 800 with ~7k miles that I would like to sell. I was looking to sell to a dealer rather than risk all the craigslist stupidity (But I'll sell to a OR member in good standing - deff. not doing the craigslist thing)

The bike is the dark green with factory flames and has the boulevard windshield, lowers, passenger backrest and armrests, throw-over saddle bags, cargo rack, soft top case and oxoford heated grips. I also have a set of aftermarket floorboard (driver and passenger) in a box that I never put on. Never in an accident, clear title etc. Most sunday cruising, one big long trip around Lake Erie last year. New battery last month. Has a battery tender connection, and I'll throw in the battery tender.

Just bought a brand new V-Strom and I know I'm just never going to ride the Volusia again. :cry: It was my first bike, had it since brand new, took delivery off the showroom floor. Fond memories of this bike. I'll be damned if I just let her rot.

Will add pics to this thread when I get home tonight. Let me know of specific picture requests like odometer, closeups of the paint, a picture of me wearing a pink tutu holding a green bucket full of dancing fish sitting on the bike (so that you know I'm actually taking pictures of my bike, not just stealing someone else's pics from online) :wtf:

Asking price reduced to $2,500. Located in Delaware, Ohio.

Edited by Scruit

I think I'll have a buyer lined up for you. I'm forwarding your pics as soon as I get an email address from them.

K. I'm planning to ride it down to Ohio Motorcycle on Saturday to give them a look, but I'd be willing to give your friend a couple days to show interest. :)

• 1 month later...
What kind of gps tracking did you say you had in another thread?

I use intamapper.com It's just a $30 boost mobile phone with free software installed. The phone is installed hidden in the bike and hard-wired to the battery. The phone constantly tracks its location using gps and reports the location to the instamapper.com website.

I can track the location of the bike at any time, plus where it has been for the last couple of months.

I looked into the process for transferring it and it was a pain in the ass to transfer a sim card etc. Would be much easier to buy a new boost phone from walmart or meijer (they run $50 now) and start a new account etc. If the bike's buyer is interested then I'll set that up for them as part of the sale.

Actually, the easiest method would probably just be to have the buyer buy a sim card. Since boost is gsm inserting a new sim card changes the service.

Edit: nm, Boost is cdma

Edited by Likwid

I use intamapper.com It's just a $30 boost mobile phone with free software installed. The phone is installed hidden in the bike and hard-wired to the battery. The phone constantly tracks its location using gps and reports the location to the instamapper.com website.

I can track the location of the bike at any time, plus where it has been for the last couple of months.

I looked into the process for transferring it and it was a pain in the ass to transfer a sim card etc. Would be much easier to buy a new boost phone from walmart or meijer (they run $50 now) and start a new account etc. If the bike's buyer is interested then I'll set that up for them as part of the sale.

Thanks, for the info gonna put this on my bike.

Wow.. I could buy this and sell all the farkles and come out smelling like a cactus. Hmmm... I could see myself riding a baby cwoozer now and then. :eek:

Do they make seats for this bike that don't have the studs on them?

You could paint the studs and pretend they're not there... ;) Or you could buy a custom seat and specify no studs. :cool:

Edited by Scruit