Scala Rider G4 users, update available

Casper

http://www.roadrunner.travel/wp/2011/04/14/scala-rider-g4-upgrade-connect-to-other-g4-users-on-the-go/

Looks cool. No longer do you have to pair headsets together before the ride. A quick link button basically says you're open to chat, and anyone else in the mode can instantly chat. It opens an intercom channel between the headsets without messing up your pairing settings. Pretty cool.

You can get the software update here: http://www.cardosystems.com/us/download/softwareupgrade

I so wish I had gotten the Scala instead of the two Chatterboxes I got last year. They died at the end of the season and Chatterbox has had them since December. Last I heard I should get them back in the end of April. Chatterbox blows dead goats.

For those that have one of these...... It says it will work w A2DP for mp3 players etc. Know if it will work for voice calls like some overs I have seen? If so, Is it (or others) actually usable for calls while riding? Seems like it would be very difficult to hear at highway speeds.

Not interested in the Intercom feature.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

the scala rider g4 is what i personally use. i does indeed work for calls, and even voice dialing (depending on phone). the update also solves many function errors with newer phones (ie droids iphone 4). the click to link function is cool, but it disabled on the units from the factory. you have to install the program on your computer and enable the click to link function.

For those that have one of these...... It says it will work w A2DP for mp3 players etc. Know if it will work for voice calls like some overs I have seen? If so, Is it (or others) actually usable for calls while riding? Seems like it would be very difficult to hear at highway speeds.

Not interested in the Intercom feature.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

it works very well depending on the helmet you use and bike you ride. for example a HD and a half/open face helmet would be worthless at anything above cruising speeds. on my VFR and in my X12 or RF1000, its very useable above highway speed limits.