Accident Kills Motorcylist In Marion (4/15/2011

Scruit

http://www2.nbc4i.com/news/2011/apr/15/accident-kills-motorcylist-marion-ar-455172/

Older rider, no helmet, failed to negotiate a curve. :(

Marion, OH --

Troopers from the Marion post of the Ohio Highway Patrol are investigating a fatal motor vehicle accident that happened Friday afternoon.

The one vehicle crash occurred on Whetstone River Road south of Marion Edison Road.

Troopers say Walter G. Plaul., Sr. 62, of Marion died at Marion General Hospital. Troopers say he was not wearing a helmet when he drove through a curve on Whetstone River Road, travelled through a ditch, struck and mailbox and was ejected.

This is the most riders I've seen down this early in the year since I been riding, not a whole lot of time..... but jeez fellas protect your brain, its worth more than a couple hundred bucks on a helmet. At any rate; RIP.

Wow, I'm not gonna lie, this is kinda scaring the shit out of me. I knew people died on bikes but this is the 3rd thread I have seen in the past week or so.

RIP Rider

Don't be scared, learn from their accidents and do your best to reduce the risks as much as possible.

Wow, I'm not gonna lie, this is kinda scaring the shit out of me. I knew people died on bikes but this is the 3rd thread I have seen in the past week or so.

its just a fact of riding I've learned. When I first started it scared me but once I'm on the bike the fear subsides and the big ass grin takes over. Sure I don't wanna go out at 26 but I'd rather go out doing something I love than wasting away in my 90s barely being able to do anything

its just a fact of riding I've learned. When I first started it scared me but once I'm on the bike the fear subsides and the big ass grin takes over. Sure I don't wanna go out at 26 but I'd rather go out doing something I love than wasting away in my 90s barely being able to do anything

That's the way I try to look at it but then I think about my parents and how they tried to warn me and how it would kill them if I did that to my self, it would be different if I didn't have anyone to leave behind ya know. When I'm on the bike it doesn't get to me like that but when I'm reading posts like this it just messes with me.