Anyone own a Glock 27?

Dusty1

I was curious if anyone here owns a Glock 27, and if so, do you like shooting it / carrying it?

I have had my eye on this gun as another carry gun, but the only Glocks I could shoot by me were the 36 (single stack .45) and the 23 (.40 cal just a bit larger though). So how accurate are you with the 27? How is muzzle flip on follow-up shots?

Secondly, I'm fairly thin and wear tighter fitting clothing, so stuff dosen't conceal on me as well, how well can you hide yours?

Thanks!

loved my glock 27, super accurate pistol, had some kick to it..

i got away from it though..

i wanted something smaller to carry..

not that it was a huge gun, but like you stuff doesnt conceal on me welll either..

i went with a DiamondBack DB380 instead.

A guy on another forum had a good point:

I'm not a big fan of the 27 even though I own one.

They shoot great, but for carry I have a Goldielocks problem with them.

Typically when you're picking carry guns you first have to figure out how/where you want to pack. Most folks end up with gun to wear on their belt and then 1 or more smaller hidout guns to pocket carry or some other sort of deep concealment.

The problem with the 26/27 size guns is that they're too big for a comfortable deep concealment guns. Things like the single stack Kahr PM/MK, J-Frames, Keltecs, etc are FAR superior.

On the other hand if you're looking for a gun to carry on your belt, the 26/27 are smaller than then need to be to conceal and carry well on the hip. By stepping up to a 19,23,29,30 sized guns you get more capacity, more controlability, longer site radius, bigger caliber etc.

If you were only going to have 1 carry gun the 27 would be a great way to go, but as soon as you decide to have 2 you'll instantly want one that's bigger and one that's smaller.

On any given day I could pull the 27 out of the safe and wear it, but if my clothing of the day will permit belt carry, why would I pack the 27 instead of the 29, and if I'm going to pocket carry why would I try to stuff the 27 in there when the Kahr is so much easier to carry and draw?

The other thing that sucks about Glock .40's is reloading. They make the tolerances of the barrel slightly larger to make it less prone to jamming, but as a result the casings flare just enough that you shouldn't reload them without getting a "match-grade" barrel.

Have you looked at the Glock SF (short frame) models.

In the .45 they are available in the 21 and 30.

Short frame gives you a smaller diameter grip by deleting the backstrap cavity.

This might be what you're looking for.

The other thing that sucks about Glock .40's is reloading. They make the tolerances of the barrel slightly larger to make it less prone to jamming, but as a result the casings flare just enough that you shouldn't reload them without getting a "match-grade" barrel.

That is what a resizing die is used for.. Have you ever done any reloading or are you just talking from things youve read.

FYI, All chambers are larger then the brass or else you would never be able to chamber a round in any firearm.

i have heard nothing but problems about the G4 glocks.....never owned one, but i would go with a G3

1500 rounds and counting. No issues. I'd buy another in a heartbeat. I shoot blazer 115 grain dogshit too.

Just picked up a Gen4 yesterday from Vances. Have not had a chance to shoot it yet but I have shot the 26 quite a bit. Same exact gun as far as dimensions, just shoots a different round. I thought the 26 was a good gun and my friend conceal carries his all the time.

To dusty the thin skinned, over reactive, confused whiny boy.

I love the pm you sent me. Why hide things when like you said after all your getting opinions before a purchase. While you may have taken my post as being rude, perhaps you should consider it a what is was which was just a question before you go getting your pinky panties in a uproar.. Youre asking questions but yet when someone asks them back you revert back to keyboard commando..

FYI, this was the PM I received from our newest nancy boy..

Dude, I'm getting feedback before a purchase. You're feedback is not helpfull and is dripping with rudeness. Get off you're high horse and go fuck yourself

Evidently it was directed at this post of mine.

That is what a resizing die is used for.. Have you ever done any reloading or are you just talking from things youve read.

FYI, All chambers are larger then the brass or else you would never be able to chamber a round in any firearm.

To dusty the thin skinned, over reactive, confused whiny boy.

I love the pm you sent me. Why hide things when like you said after all your getting opinions before a purchase. While you may have taken my post as being rude, perhaps you should consider it a what is was which was just a question before you go getting your pinky panties in a uproar.. Youre asking questions but yet when someone asks them back you revert back to keyboard commando..

FYI, this was the PM I received from our newest nancy boy..

Evidently it was directed at this post of mine.

:lol:

Have you looked at the Glock SF (short frame) models.

In the .45 they are available in the 21 and 30.

Short frame gives you a smaller diameter grip by deleting the backstrap cavity.

This might be what you're looking for.

I'm either going to grab a 30sf or xdm .45 this week. Both get outstanding reviews in Gun Tests.

so many better guns out there than glocks.. and many more for concealed carry. JMO

it also seems like you have a quick temper.. not someone i want to be able to carry.. also JMO because they obviously dont test for that...

so many better guns out there than glocks....

"Better" is so subjective. Do tell.

"Different ".... yes. An inexpensive, lightweight, indestructible, 100% reliable, deadly-accurate firearm is hard to better. Are there others? Of course.... Sig, HK, Springfield, SW, Kahr, Ruger, Beretta, Colt, and eleventybillion other custom 1911 makers. Concealability? Agreed, not my pick.