Scooterific River Run June 5th 2011

Uncle Punk

What's Jinx quote out a Tmax for a day? At the UP discount rate...

Sorry no back door rentals this year since they have a contract with a rental company that will be violated if caught doing so. The standard rate is $100 a day for scooters and cruisers that they have in the rental system. A lot of that number is fixed cost so not much of a discount to be had, PM me for more info if still interested.

My girlfriend had one and I loved it, I wish that I would have taken it on a group ride one time before we got rid of it. It's kind of like anything that is a little slow, way fun to ride the slow stuff fast, that’s one of the things that makes scooters fun.

The Ninja250s are a good buy as well; unless you crash it you’ll have a hard time losing money on one. I think she paid almost 1/3 of the money for the Ninja250 that I did for the scooter.

I have never done this with a scooter, only sport bikes and I don't think anyone else has gone that far on their scooters either so it's good to see someone else who has done this.

Do you think baring any mishaps that we can get this ride done all in daylight? We will probably have quite a few 150s with us.

Welcome to Ohio-Riders.

4 of us left at 9AM headed down millersburg then on to Marietta took rt. 555. It will be a long day with a 150 but check out this link http://www.lakeerieloop.com

The Lake Erie Loop is a race around the Lake 650 miles max size is 225cc last year winner around 11 1/2 hours.

Edited by Slowroller

UP...Three confirmed for hook up in mlbg. We'll be there at 10am..in case you have a tail wind. The 666 scooter guy now has a 650 cc Burgman, that's why he's selling the Vespa. I thought he said 800 cc...but I stand corrected on that....musta been talking into my bad ear.

4 of us left at 9AM headed down millersburg then on to Marietta took rt. 555. It will be a long day with a 150 but check out this link http://www.lakeerieloop.com

The Lake Erie Loop is a race around the Lake 650 miles max size is 225cc last year winner around 11 1/2 hours.

I have seen that and at one time would have been real interested in doing it back when I was doing a lot of traveling when riding. I put 15K miles on a bike in 16 months and loved it. Right now I am more into riding the curvy back roads and that lake loop looks to be too much slab time for me. I may get back to that type of riding some day and give it a shot.

I was made aware of that ride by one of the guys who participates in it a few years ago. I took a motorcycle scene accident management seminar from his wife and him. I figured I needed it because of how many accidents we seem to have on the sport bike rides. Since I have taken the course no one has been seriously hurt when I have been with them unlike the accidents that took place before I took the course that prompted me to take it.

Are you Bill?

I am looking into trying to make this. I told my old man about this ride and not sure he will be into it. So, I may trade him the Gixxer for the day and take the burgman out. I see there is a group from cbus getting together. When I find out if I can do this I will be in touch.

Looks like I'll be hammer'n the Ruckster 150 for this ride.

I do have a Kymco Super 8 150 if someone is looking for a ride. WARNING, the seat is way firm.

Also, I'll have a recovery vehicle on standby to rescue me or others who may rattle apart on this ride.

Looks like I'll be hammer'n the Ruckster 150 for this ride.

I do have a Kymco Super 8 150 if someone is looking for a ride. WARNING, the seat is way firm.

Also, I'll have a recovery vehicle on standby to rescue me or others who may rattle apart on this ride.

How much to rent your Kymco from you? I'll return it w/ a full tank and wash it for you too if you'd like.

I just wanna try out a scooter dammit! The closest I've been was a Twinstar or the little Honda ZB50 my dad still uses as a pitbike.

Sounds like a Burgman 650 is a bit over kill for this ride, lol. Not sure I would want to take a 150 but a 250 would do well.

Anyone braving a 50 (2stroke)? The one I have been on tops out around 40 if I remember correctly.

Edited by Habi

Sounds like a Burgman 650 is a bit over kill for this ride, lol. Not sure I would want to take a 150 but a 250 would do well.

Anyone braving a 50 (2stroke)? The one I have been on tops out around 40 if I remember correctly.

Not at all overkill, there will be at least one T-Max and maybe as many as three of them.

I really wouldn't want a 50 on this ride but wouldn't send anyone away if they showed up on one but with a top speed of only 40MPH would make a very long day for everyone involved. In fact I couldn't predict any meeting times at all.

Scratch that no 50's unless they can do 55MPH

We are meeting people in Millersburg and New Concord and I would like to give those people a reasonable time estimate for when we should be at those two stops, especially since the don't have an ice-cream stand at either gas station.

I always have a trailer on stand-by as well but would take me forever to get back to it on the scooter.

Does Scratcher have a wife who will be at home not riding with us who will be on call with the trailer?

Edited by Uncle Punk

Where are you planning to park the trailer?

I would avoid the ride to Millersburg if I could. For our group its 60 miles of straight flat boring riding. We will be warmed up and on our game by the time we get there though so you trailer queens will be impressed by our riding skills.

My scooter is all apart right now and I will be buttoning it up tomorrow.

Scratcher should have his wife hang out at Roscoe Village, she might like it for shopping and there is an ice-cream shop there.