Scooterific River Run June 5th 2011

Uncle Punk

I really need to sell it. $2200 takes it home.

I could prolly get alot more $$$ from the GP as the Taiwanese factory these are made in burnt to the ground. Higher gas prices have put them in demand. Current inventory is expected to be gone shortly.

2007 SYM HD200. About 400 miles on the clock.

Is a Nighthawk 250 too butch for this ride?

It would be just fine. My 250 scooter will keep up with a Ninja 250. We will have smaller scooters on the ride though and the group rides pace you are used to won't be happening. Riding slow bikes fast is just as much fun as blasting around on the sport bikes.

It would be just fine. My 250 scooter will keep up with a Ninja 250. We will have smaller scooters on the ride though and the group rides pace you are used to won't be happening. Riding slow bikes fast is just as much fun as blasting around on the sport bikes.

A Nighthawk 250 will not keep up with a Ninja 250 :)

I don't have a scooter, but would you mind if I came along and photographed some of the ride?

Only if you can keep the gray in my hair from showing up in the pictures. (Of course you can.) Make sure you have a high speed lens though; scooters are hard to catch with their mind blowing speeds.

img5190s.jpg

16" wheels, dual front disk brakes, steel braided brake lines, get used to this view.

Regard, regard and burn with envy!

Only if you can keep the gray in my hair from showing up in the pictures. (Of course you can.) Make sure you have a high speed lens though; scooters are hard to catch with their mind blowing speeds.

img5190s.jpg

16" wheels, dual front disk brakes, steel braided brake lines, get used to this view.

Regard, regard and burn with envy!

That's probably faster than my bike, and no worries about the speeds. I can shoot three frames a second. Hopefully I'll be able to sight a scooter in at least one of those three.

Hopefully

Be jealous.

http://mansfield.craigslist.org/mcy/2335561138.html

2004 Diamo Motorcycle - $1600 (Spencer, Ohio)

Date: 2011-04-19, 8:22PM EDT

Reply to:
[
]

2004 Diamo Velux Motorcycle. This is what I call a scooter but is

classified as a motorcycle. It is a 1 cylinder - 4 stroke, 150CC. It is

very good on gas. 90+ mpg Max speed 100. Automatic, do not have to

shift which is a nice feature.

Has 3,698 miles on it. Very good condition. Trunk is for top to go into

plus storage. Has cd stereo, cig. lighter, and windshield wiper. Kelly

Blue Book has this listed for 1700

I am asking 1600 or best offer. With high gas prices you can't go wrong

with this bike. I used this bike to get my motorcycle license. I have

purchased a motorcycle since and do not get to ride this that often and

hate to see it just sitting not being enjoyed. Will make someone happy

and save alot of $$$ on gas.

Please contact (330) 648-1054

• it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

3n53k13p05T35W15U5b4jc24d3f32b3a81b37.jpg3nb3k13pa5Y25P15R0b4je23e166c6f641de8.jpg3n73k53ma5Y15P15S1b4jaa160454496516a9.jpg3kd3o53l95Y05T65X5b4j412111fe23491688.jpg

PostingID: 2335561138

I wouldn't want to hold the group up.

If you hook up with us at the meeting spot we won't leave you, just like any other group ride. You won't be as cool as the rest of us but there will be so much cool in the immediate area that there will be some spill over to take care of what you're lacking by riding one of them there crotch-rockets.

• Upvote 1

If you hook up with us at the meeting spot we won't leave you, just like any other group ride. You won't be as cool as the rest of us but there will be so much cool in the immediate area that there will be some spill over to take care of what you're lacking by riding one of them there crotch-rockets.

I don't know whether to be envious or self conscious.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

The Scooter is now all mine and in my possession. I scored a top box for it tonight at the reasonable price of FREE. (With expectations of favors to be exchanged at a later date.) I need to either order a better windshield or make one. Has anyone made a windshield?

So that was you folks at the BP in millersburg..noonish? Topping up the cases with ice and drinks? LOL now..really am...as it is much later this AM and I'm up at laptop at store...as I came thru past Burger Whopper to get here I noticed the sign proclaiming, June 5th bike show.....realized that June 5th ain't happened yet, itsa guy thing. So the scooter crew wasn't youse? Maybe it was doing a dry run? Looks like I'm in...Speazy has the lil Vino....momma has her Aprilia and I have the marginally faster than a scooter Suzuke GS500F. We'll just stop every so often to reattach parts that vibrate off! So here in glorious Millersburg will be the Bike Show to display your scooter as you grab food for the long journey south. As always you touristas may always, always, always count on the ole homestead as being available for ground support. Now if I can remember where I put that foot peg I made from the last visit you had down here.

Oh yeah bike show is a mass of Goldwings usually, so the scooters will be dwarfed...last Goldwings I had encountered on the road where pacing at 42 mph...so they may be able to keep up with the scooters!!!!

We iz in count two if not three more for the adventure!

Edited by littlecarbsbigsmiles

Got mtg time down for 10am @ spdwy/mlbg. Speazy thinking riding scoot from Columbus to mlbg then the river ride too much. Lily!!!! See you at spdwy...i'll be there at 10am.

The soonest we will be there is 10:15 but really have no clue actual time because no passing will be taking place on the way down.

It might be hard to figure when the group will make it to New Concord so we can pick up the guys from Columbus.

i want to do this so bad, but i definitely have nelson that weekend. damnation!

You can always go to Nelson, this ride may never happen again.

Rode the new scooter a little and need to relearn how to ride something without engine braking, wholly shit there is absolutely none. The rear shocks are for shit and hate to be upset when compressed by a bump in a curve, it's very bad when two up. I need to check to see what settings the rear shocks are at, will probably be going to the hardest setting to keep it from bottoming out. I haven't found much too bad about the front shocks because the rear is so bad but that will change once I get the front brakes bled and new fluids replaced. The scooter is a leftover 2009 with less than 300 miles that must have air and moisture in the system because they fade really quickly.

I went to the Pride of Cleveland Scooter store to see if they had a mounting kit for the free top box I scored but no luck. (Made a mounting kit myself.) They did have a windshield in stock for my scooter so I bought it, stupid spur of the moment purchase at full retail, I hate doing that especially when there is a 30% markup on Givi but it was there and I didn't have to wait. I love the thing it's over my head and no more eyes watering when I'm squiding out with just sunglasses as my only protective gear. I may have to cut it to get it into my trailer though it's that tall.

I haven't touched any hard parts yet but need to get the rest of the things sorted out before really pushing it. It goes get slowed down going up grades but will accelerate faster than an Ninja 250 going down a grade with a higher top speed. I really need to control myself when trying to make a pass. The 1K will pass at will in stupid quick fashion, the scooter not so much. I scared myself, an oncoming car and the car I was passing in the Metro Park making a pass that shouldn’t have been attempted.